Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Water leak from sunroof but not drain tubes !!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Lenny1974

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Water leak from sunroof but not drain tubes !!

So I thought I had fixed the common issue of water in the footwear, by ensuring the channels were clear and drain tubes free of debris. But when I pour some water into the front corners, it leaks out of a rectangular plastic piece. Anyone know what this is and why ? It's the same on both sides.

Post #23357747th May 2023 10:03 am
Prette

Location: Previously Stoke-ST4 (pre-pandemic), Mostly The Hague (NL) partially Lyngby (DK) certainly somewhere

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 3

Most likely the drains tubes are blocked and the water is overspilling from the sunroof. That happened to me on the left side.
Basically, the drain was clogged and full, when more water gets in, it fills the sunroof rails and “drain” around the tube on the square plastic part. Behind that the airbag also soaked.

Try to make sure drain tube if free. Stick a cable inside, hot water, detergent… there are many options in here to free up the drain.

Post #233609310th May 2023 12:41 pm
Lenny1974

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Well, I cleared out the drain tubes by blowing down the tube (cleaned first) and pushing a bit of wire down them.

However, I have found that there must be a pin hole in the plastic piece just before the hose is fitted. So i will probably try some marine sealant to seal these up (no real pressure in the line).

However, I noticed that some water was dripping from other area near the top of the windscreen. So i poured some water over the a-pillar trim/corner of windshield/upper seal and waster came dripping straight in.

Therefore, I am going to wait until the area is completely dry and find the leak and again fill with some marine sealant. It was difficult to check when its raining, but now its in the garage so much easier to work on.

Post #233610710th May 2023 5:30 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >