DISCO4.COM > General

Webasto Control Available Very Soon
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 12 <123 45 ... 101112>
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

10forcash wrote:
BN wrote:
LR are fully aware of the concern, they watch this site, so what you say now is noted. I am convinced that they have removed it from the menu as a result of complaints generally. Also Dealer Principles are fed up with the aftermarket comments about it. Many of whom watch this site also don't forget.
.... based on what evidence?
to date, there has been no positive effects felt by any of the 'great unwashed' on Disco3.co.uk of any viewing by LR Employees, Managers, Directors or Dealer Principal's

A consolidated statement backed up by hard evidence presented to LR will not necessarily get every FBH working but will at least elicit a public statement, rather than soundbites or hints based upon private mutterings that may or may not have taken place which, to date, have achieved the square root of Censored all

Would 06MY have any comeback on this as in theory it never existed on our cars.

I do think TFC's idea is excellent because perhaps LR will then take DISCO3.co.uk seriously over the many topics that concern all of us about our great cars!
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Gone but not forgotten !!! 

Post #309242nd Dec 2005 8:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Cliff H wrote:
10forcash wrote:
BN wrote:
LR are fully aware of the concern, they watch this site, so what you say now is noted. I am convinced that they have removed it from the menu as a result of complaints generally. Also Dealer Principles are fed up with the aftermarket comments about it. Many of whom watch this site also don't forget.
to date, there has been no positive effects felt by any of the 'great unwashed' on Disco3.co.uk of any viewing by LR Employees, Managers, Directors or Dealer Principal's

A consolidated statement backed up by hard evidence presented to LR will not necessarily get every FBH working but will at least elicit a public statement, rather than soundbites or hints based upon private mutterings that may or may not have taken place which, to date, have achieved the square root of Censored all

Would 06MY have any comeback on this as in theory it never existed on our cars.

I do think TFC's idea is excellent because perhaps LR will then take DISCO3.co.uk seriously over the many topics that concern all of us about our great cars!
Cliff, it was originally 'sort - of' fitted on the '05MY vehicles, so therefore it's 'missing', as it did (and does) exist on quite a few vehicles, coupled with the OEM's claimed functionality when fitted to other vehicles.

Wish I could claim the credit for the idea, however it was Simon (who's now Sheep ishly sitting back and watching the fun!

Post #309252nd Dec 2005 8:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
10forcash

BN wrote:
10forcash wrote:
BN wrote:

TFC, there is no evidence, I just know that friends of mine in LR and you have met at least one of them tell me so. I have no problem with a letter, I after all have placed one to the CEO both in the USA and UK on this very site, which seems to have disappeared now. Also my dealer principle watches and you know they are logged onto this site as well.
BN, your letter's here

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=24878#24878

So we can put the conspiracy theory that LR have infiltrated the admins of disco3 purely to delete posts, to bed now eh? Wink Laughing Laughing

Post #309262nd Dec 2005 8:16 pm
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Well whatever I think it is a good idea as some of you guys on here seem to know a lot more about the D3's than many of the dealers and probably LR.
If LR are "watching" they don't seem to take the issues on here too seriously because many of them are obviously still ongoing with dealers and LR themselves often denying all knowlege.

BTW have booked mine in next Sat so that they can have a listen to the engine noise.
Shall I give you their response now Confused
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Gone but not forgotten !!! 

Post #309272nd Dec 2005 8:20 pm
10forcash

Cliff H wrote:

If LR are "watching" they don't seem to take the issues on here too seriously because many of them are obviously still ongoing with dealers and LR themselves often denying all knowlege.
Cliff, my point exactly Thumbs Up  
Post #309282nd Dec 2005 8:25 pm
scorpio

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Simon I agree enitrely with you and will gladly add my name to the list, I appreciate all the work BN has done but still feel agrieved that LR feel fit to remove things from my vehicle without a bye nor leave and I am expected to fork out money to get them working again.

Post #309292nd Dec 2005 8:52 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Dear Messrs. Tenfurcash and Beaenn,

I'm up for a petition, backed with copied letters to a number of the key motoring rags and hacks, posted on the Forum too.

I am pretty sure that the response will be entirely predictable, but will inevitably be an opening for a second attack.

If nothing else, it will be entertaining - and something to brighten these dark winter evenings.

So - put me down for the letter and put me down for one of the workaround gizmos, please.

Thanking you so very much...... Wink

Post #309302nd Dec 2005 9:06 pm
10forcash

Winger wrote:
Dear Messrs. Tenfurcash and Beaenn,

I'm up for a petition, backed with copied letters to a number of the key motoring rags and hacks, posted on the Forum too.

I am pretty sure that the response will be entirely predictable, but will inevitably be an opening for a second attack.

If nothing else, it will be entertaining - and something to brighten these dark winter evenings.

So - put me down for the letter and put me down for one of the workaround gizmos, please.

Thanking you so very much...... Wink
you've been at the port again, haven't you? Wink  
Post #309312nd Dec 2005 9:11 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

No port, but a very, very fine luncheon.........

Post #309322nd Dec 2005 9:23 pm
BN

England 

10forcash wrote:
BN wrote:
10forcash wrote:
BN wrote:

TFC, there is no evidence, I just know that friends of mine in LR and you have met at least one of them tell me so. I have no problem with a letter, I after all have placed one to the CEO both in the USA and UK on this very site, which seems to have disappeared now. Also my dealer principle watches and you know they are logged onto this site as well.
BN, your letter's here

So we can put the conspiracy theory that LR have infiltrated the admins of disco3 purely to delete posts, to bed now eh? Wink Laughing Laughing

Thanks for finding it TFC, my glasses have steamed up again with the momentum of this thread from a success re the FBH to a head on battle with LR now. Shocked

Post #309332nd Dec 2005 10:07 pm
10forcash

BN wrote:
10forcash wrote:
BN wrote:
10forcash wrote:
BN wrote:

BN, your letter's here

Thanks for finding it TFC, my glasses have steamed up again with the momentum of this thread from a success re the FBH to a head on battle with LR now. Shocked
BN, in a war, there are no winners, only degrees of loss. I, for one do not want a 'battle' with LR, just fairness and an open exchange, to be honest, the FBH is Censored all as a percentage of the vehicle, however, what winds me up is the 'trust-me-tone' attitude of hiding things from people who pay a significant amount of dosh for an awesome vehicle. yes, it's generally 98%+ OK, which is the reason people on here focus on the little niggles as if the gearbox has dropped out.
All I expect is what I was lead to believe was integral to the vehicle (my personal 'missing link' is the tyre pressure monitors) - or a reasonable explanation of why it's not there. Let's be honest, FBH, tyre pressure monitors etc. are hardly bleeding edge technology in their own right, as I see it, the problem is integration into the existing systems. For a vehicle that had four years development (last centuries vehicles had 8 - 10 years) I think that LR have done incredibly well to develop the Disco 3 to the point it's at now but need to admit / recognise that 'continual improvement' generally means adding features, not subtracting them.

IF anyone from LR happens to read this, i'd be more than happy to expand on my experiences / thoughts Rolling Eyes ....as long as you supply the gin Shocked

Post #309342nd Dec 2005 10:27 pm
kjh1957

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Pre heat timer

I felt really Censored off when having found the facility in the set up programme it would not work and having lodged a complaint with LR customer services told it would be at least 12 months before the software would be available felt even more agrieved. I very much appreciate the work done by you guys especially BN but feel that this is a design defect that was in the original design spec and therefore LR are obliged to remedy. To remove references from the hand book and get dealers to deny that the feature exists is inexcusable. I agree with others sentiment that it is a brilliant car and it is a shame that a small issue such as this can cause such irritation but I guess it is LRs response. I imagine Top Gear could have a bit of fun with this but I really wouldn't want to discredit what is otherwise a great vehicle. Come on LR get this Bl**dy thing sorted in the meantime I will continue to use the radio trick which has worked brilliantly during the recent sub zero temps.

Post #309362nd Dec 2005 11:07 pm
DrLex

Iceland 

Brian,
Am I right in thinking that this Webasto gizmo will not affect the pre-cool setting that appears to be equally blighted by the 'shut-down' of the vehicle after a certain period of inactivity?
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Post #309412nd Dec 2005 11:42 pm
BN

England 

DrLex wrote:
Brian,
Am I right in thinking that this Webasto gizmo will not affect the pre-cool setting that appears to be equally blighted by the 'shut-down' of the vehicle after a certain period of inactivity?

Correct

Post #309432nd Dec 2005 11:44 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

TFC,

Thanks for the support mate and all the others tooo... not being a Sheep just got back from Shepherds Bush Empire (yeah yeah funny has a Sheep related name) seeing The Stranglers - was put on the guest list so just HAD to go Smile And yeah they were Censored brill !

Anyway !

As many of you know my 'S' was not fitted with the required parts to enable the Settings Menu when it should have been standard. At first LRCS said NO its not supposed to be there... then finally LR got involved via my excellent dealer and agreed to having said parts fitted to enable it !

So pressure does work.

As far as I can work out the timers issue is that the system goes to sleep unless the radio is kept on. And then as the radio sleeps itself after 30mins the system sleeps again until some sort of user interaction.

So in theory the software that controls the sleep functions of various systems needs updating.

There may be many reasons its not been 'finished' or enabled by LR - safety may be one for instance.

But I personally feel we should be told why this feature is not enabled.

Unreliable in operation
Drains battery
FBH could overheat as car not in motion
etc etc etc.

We just need a response as to why.

TFC has offered up this email address <[email protected]> and to write the first pass at a letter to LR from all of us.

If we have permission from Martin to include the forum name then I think this will add weight as MANY people are registered and MANY more lurk - maybe LR, maybe not.

By sending to LR first, give them 30 days to respond we can keep on their good side.

After this then we should let the press and mags know that there are MANY unhappy customers who are being ignored.

I will not pay for a 'fix' I do not want to risk my warranty. I would be surprised if Webasto would get sanction from LR on this as it could lead to all sorts of claims by customers who've had it fitted. Not saying don't or its bad or anything. BUT I cannot afford to loose my car because I had a third party add something to the engine bay and the cars electric's - just in case.

If they get a positive 'LR will honour any warranty claim with their xxx product fitted' then excellent.

And hats off to Webasto and Brian for working on this too by the way.

And BN... with the greatest of respect - hearsay will not help us. We need official communication from the manufacturer.

The feature in the menu system is there on our cars. It should be explained to us why the system will not work.

Cheers !

-s

Post #309443rd Dec 2005 12:40 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 12 <123 45 ... 101112>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >