Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Say Hello .. Wave Goodbye
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
SN

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #453492nd Mar 2006 11:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Kieron

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

A week after 'picking' up my new car I still don't have it. Instead its at the dealer awaiting a part which is coming down from the 'production line' We did pick the car up again on Friday but on the way home it failed twice both in potentially dangerous situations and the dealer came back out and retrieve the car.

I must say after months of reading the forums and reading all the problems I feel that it was a mistake to buy a Land Rover. I saved hard and spent my savings on a 45.5k 'dream' car that from expereince is either too complex or simply not tested enough. The only thing that has kept me upbeat has been the level of service from T H White that has been exceptional. Its thier belief in the car that is keeping me going and maybe once I get it back and after a few thousand miles of trouble free motoring I might get my confidence back and that grin that everyone tells me I should be wearing ... I hope so
 I don't dance but I do Disco  
Post #463938th Mar 2006 4:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Really sorry to hear of your problems Kieron. Makes me feel very nervous about buying a D3. Not sure I have the time or patience to cope with all the problems that seem part & parcel of D3 ownership!
Glad T.H.White are giving good service though seeing as I recommended them.

Post #463958th Mar 2006 4:37 pm
Guy

United Kingdom 

As has been said here many times, the problem with forums such as this is that the bad comments become totally disproportionate; it's just the nature of the beast and is a bit like newspapers (count the number of good news vs. bad news stories in any paper). People just don't post and say "my car's great, I've had no problems...", well, actually, on disco3.co.uk they DO, but the problem comments still outweigh the positive ones, because people want to find a solution or seek advice, confirmation and solace from others.

It does seem that there are a few 'problem' D3s around (I think BN can confirm that!). But I've had mine for five months, and virtually nothing has gone wrong (yes, I know I'm tempting fate Shocked )

Keep the faith and I'm sure that the vehicle will prove itself to you and you will be able to revive this post in a few months and say "you were right". I did my LRE Level 1 yestrerday and we took an '05 plate V8 HSE through some unbelievable tests (and we were really nowhere near its limits). As I drove it back on the road to base with about two gallons of red Herefordshire mud swilling round my feet (I'm glad LR have to valet it and not me!!) it made me think, "what other luxury on-road car could you do this with?

Post #463998th Mar 2006 4:57 pm
Kieron

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi LT & Guy

Thanks for the comments. I think part of the reason for posting was that I knew I'd get some positive feedback that would take me back up again. I guess today I'm just feeling pretty depressed about the whole thing but I do take comments about forums, the internet etc mostly being filled with bad press as people only report the negatives. Its just got me down that I was so looking forward to the car, had a 3 days booked off work and a long weekend planned to go away and enjoy a journey or two and none of it happened. T H White have left me with an almost identical car though and have been just brilliant so at least I am getting to drive a Discovery but I still miss mine. As you say Guy I hope in a few weeks I'm able to look back and say that it was worth it and with the support of people on here and the dealers I think its a big possibility. And LT your recommendation was Gold Smile
 I don't dance but I do Disco  
Post #464068th Mar 2006 5:22 pm
BN

England 

I still think the car is a fantastic piece of engineering, problems or no problems. It has to be the best all round vehicle in the world bar none.

Post #464078th Mar 2006 5:23 pm
SN

BN wrote:
I still think the car is a fantastic piece of engineering, problems or no problems. It has to be the best all round vehicle in the world bar none.
Me too Very Happy especially since last weekend!

Oh and no problems since day 11 when my 6 mile fault was fixed.
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #464178th Mar 2006 5:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >