Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

LR Experience
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 7 <1234567>
Pelyma

England 

Dom, to date they have had no errors at all and are loving it. Mine has really only has had this current suspension problem, I flattened the battery which I can't blame the car for. The only other issue is dirt in the paint, the dealer said they would respray but it would cover 2 or 3 panels, to rectify it and I'm not happy to let them do it.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #39852nd Jun 2005 9:09 am
NightFox

United Kingdom 

I happened to be in my local LR dealer (not the crap LR dealer where I actually bought my D3) at the weekend, and in their "magazine rack" of brochures of all their Approved Used Vehciles, I happened to notice a leaflet... The half day free LR Experience offer also applies to LR Approved Used Vehicles! Smile

The leaflet has a coupon in it - all you have to do is complete the details of your vehicle, when you bought it and the dealers details (anyone know what a CI number is?) - and you're sorted.

Yet another thing my original dealer failed to do or tell me. Twisted Evil

Post #95583rd Aug 2005 12:38 pm
ferrino

United States 

is this just a promotion in the UK? I didn't hear anything about the LR experience in the US

Post #96523rd Aug 2005 8:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

It could be just a UK thing, but it is worth asking your dealer about. Basically the dealer pays for a half day lesson on how your vehicle performs.

Post #96553rd Aug 2005 8:06 pm
Smarticus

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Finally given up on ever receiving a LR Experience voucher (I bought my Disco 3 in November 2004) and rang LR customer care who said I was still able to book the free half day (although they tell me that my voucher runs out in 2 weeks time ?????). There is no LR Experience centre in a 100 miles of Hexham, Northumberland, so I have a choice of Skipton (nearest) or Dunkeld (near the in-laws). Two questions :

1. has anyone tried the LRE at Skipton - good or bad ?

2. should I upgrade to a full day, or on my own etc etc package ?
 Disco 4 TDV6HSE
Defender 200TDi CSW
RR Evoque 

Post #108399th Aug 2005 9:00 pm
BN

England 

Smarticus wrote:
Finally given up on ever receiving a LR Experience voucher (I bought my Disco 3 in November 2004) and rang LR customer care who said I was still able to book the free half day (although they tell me that my voucher runs out in 2 weeks time ?????). There is no LR Experience centre in a 100 miles of Hexham, Northumberland, so I have a choice of Skipton (nearest) or Dunkeld (near the in-laws). Two questions :

1. has anyone tried the LRE at Skipton - good or bad ?

2. should I upgrade to a full day, or on my own etc etc package ?

Why not come down and join us for one of the days like last Sunday. I think you may find it far better, but ask the lads who attended first. Or of course do your LRE at Rockingham, I could possibly arrange something special for you.

Post #108419th Aug 2005 9:02 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

For sure FAR better.

You actually get to drive in real stuff and mix with real people too.

Go for it !

-s

Post #108439th Aug 2005 9:04 pm
BN

England 

simon wrote:
For sure FAR better.

You actually get to drive in real stuff and mix with real people too.

Go for it !

-s

Thought you were going out, can't leave us can you, it's addictive Very Happy

Post #108449th Aug 2005 9:05 pm
Smarticus

BN, guess I missed out on last sunday. I did consider coming, but its a hell of a long way for me, and afraid I am a bit precious about driving my wifes Disco 3 through the deep stuff. As I have said here before - it may look none damaging but the reality is that driving through muddy water is like coating every moving part in grinding paste and then driving for 4 hours at 80mph on the motorway home works wonders with your mechanicals and electricals. We hope to keep this car for many years you know .... The other option was to drive down in my defender - but afraid the mot is overdue, both wings have taken such a lot of offroad damage that the headlights look sideways rather than forwards and the diesel tank has sprung a leak - so its staying at home until I can find the time to sort it out. But if you peoplen south of Nottingham fancied an offroad weekend in the wilds of Northumberland - lots of great green lanes and great offroad venues - I'd happily set it up .....
 Disco 4 TDV6HSE
Defender 200TDi CSW
RR Evoque 

Post #108479th Aug 2005 9:10 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Smarticus wrote:
BN, guess I missed out on last sunday. I did consider coming, but its a hell of a long way for me, and afraid I am a bit precious about driving my wifes Disco 3 through the deep stuff. As I have said here before - it may look none damaging but the reality is that driving through muddy water is like coating every moving part in grinding paste and then driving for 4 hours at 80mph on the motorway home works wonders with your mechanicals and electricals. We hope to keep this car for many years you know .... The other option was to drive down in my defender - but afraid the mot is overdue, both wings have taken such a lot of offroad damage that the look sideways rather than forwards and the diesel tank has sprung a leak - so its staying at home until I can find the time to sort it out. But if you peoplen south of Nottingham fancied an offroad weekend in the wilds of Northumberland - lots of great green lanes and great offroad venues - I'd happily set it up .....

You cheeky Censored I'm not south of snottingham! Rolling Eyes they all speak french you know.... Laughing Laughing

BTW, put me name daaaaahn Thumbs Up

Cheers,

10forcash

Post #108489th Aug 2005 9:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

Smarticus, it sounds like a possibility with the group we have to visit the lands above where 10 lives. What passport would we need to apply for to get in.

By the way, the day we had was designed to be non damaging and it was. I had no intention of being responsible on a first venture for any damage being caused to anyones car. Water really did not come into this and I think we went through a tiny drop twice. I think I put more water around the car pressure washing it the day after.

Post #108539th Aug 2005 9:35 pm
Smarticus

I thought you were meeting at Tioxover - where there is lots of the muddy stuff (once had to swim out of a drowned LR there). Rockingham is the speedway circuit isn't it ? I did The Ultimate Challenge with Vince Cobley a couple of years ago which used the Rockingham car park as a base and the bar for the prize giving, but we certainly never used the grass ....? There were some great offroad venues in the area used for various stages. Indeed now I think about it one was the grounds of a stately home called Rockingham as well I believe. Lots of steep slippy grass and some big trees I recall. Ground anchor failed miserably so despite dif locks front & back and Simex jungle trekkers the slippy grass won ....!
 Disco 4 TDV6HSE
Defender 200TDi CSW
RR Evoque 

Post #108549th Aug 2005 9:45 pm
BN

England 

There are a huge number of tracks around there. We started out at Rockingham Castle (can hear the raceway in the distance) and started in the training bowl. We then prgressed to the steep slippery slopes yuo refer too. However, they were dry and the D3 laughed at them.

Post #108559th Aug 2005 9:54 pm
Nickhearne

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Just booked up my level 1 with Chilterns LRE, roll on the 15th of sept!
 Range Rover Sport Estate 2.0 P400e Hse Dynamic Black
D4 HSE Santorini Black
Almond Arabica hide & Walnut trim Now sold
Discovery 3 TDV6 SE
Zambezi Silver Ebony leather Now sold 

Post #1091610th Aug 2005 9:41 am
BN

England 

Nickhearne wrote:
Just booked up my level 1 with Chilterns LRE, roll on the 15th of sept!

You will be able to show them a thing or two now then Very Happy

Post #1092910th Aug 2005 11:34 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 7 <1234567>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >