Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Welcome to DISCO3 and DISCO4 - Say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 819 <123 45 ... 817818819>
BN

England 

Ant, don't rush my man can make you a trailer for a lot less than you can buy one for. BN

Post #41014th Jun 2005 10:09 am
discocam

England 

hi all, well what can i say but since taken delivery of my disco3 in december i have only had 1 minor fault which was the sat nav system and radio shutting off. other than that it still gives me a smile every time i drive it and people is always pointing and saying look theres one. Laughing it gives me such a big head i just cant stop driving it. Wink its a TDV6 SE in alviston red with alpaca leather. hope to talk to some members soon, and will always wave if you go by. see ya all Very Happy

Post #41214th Jun 2005 7:28 pm
svein

Norway 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hello,
I have had my Disco3 TDV6 HSE for about four weeks now. I got it second hand and previous owner was Land Rover Deutchland GmbH. It was first registered 1. September 2004, so I guess it is a very early build. No major problems so far except for warning of "HDC fault" and "Transmision error" on the first three days. Have not seen it again since then. I am quite happy with it and have had a couple of long pleasant trips.

Svein

Post #42437th Jun 2005 10:01 am
David & Maureen Price

Big Al wrote:
You see, the problem with dealers in the big smoke, is they dont have to try hard enough and as such come across as unfreindly and worse still uncaring. I know the 4x4 int he city as a Chelsea tractor, but buy one in the sticks somewhere, where people are generally nicer and more friendly to start off in the first place. Very Happy

Simple point is when buying, especially a 4x4, go into the countryside, the more rural the better and when you then drop £40k, a sizeable amount!! they will fall over backwards to make you comfortable. My dealer in Wiltshire (near Swindon) is superb and looked after my every whim, I had countless cups of coffee, they even looked after my dog as I took the D3 for a test drive, and answered every question I had. Bear in mind I'm ex-LR used to in charge of crash analysis systems (I jumped ship during the BMW/Ford change), and they answered all of my questions in detail and honestly. I cant reccomend them highly enough and as far as dealing with Porche dealers they're too smug for their own good.

HI
Amazing how LR Dealers around the world all seem to be from the same mould.Maybe they have to pass a customer aggravation exam followed by an exercise in how to extract the maximum dollar for every service item.As keen off roaders in Oz we meet up with many LR owners all of whom are always complaining about the cost of servicing their beloved 4X4.In Adelaide we have only one Dealer with two outlets so their is no competition apart from a couple of privateers and with the new LR policy of reducing dealers even further the one good South Australian country dealers at Port Lincoln looks set to be given the push.

Regards Dave
 Owner of Defender 110 Extreme 1999 with Expedition mods,Series 2 Disco 2001& Series3 TDV6  
Post #43539th Jun 2005 2:33 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gazavich

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
General

Hi everyone what a great site, ive just joined along with TDV6 HSE/Side steps & drop centre DVD.

Took mine to dealer few faults, air bag light & sliding boot space floor knocking around.

Dealer says nsf side air bag faulty & pictures taken for sliding floor faults.

Other than that everything a ok.

Post #444410th Jun 2005 11:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Last edited by 10forcash on 10th Oct 2008 10:17 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #448812th Jun 2005 8:01 pm
BN

England 

Hi 10forcash, do we have an ex squaddy thats done it for real coming on line Question

Post #449012th Jun 2005 8:16 pm
525EXC

Lucky man, you've got the Peak District on your doorstep. Loads of lanes up there. Best check with the Council or local 4x4 clubs as to what's drivable at the moment, as a few lanes have TRO's and a few shown on the OS maps have been downgraded. I beleive the TRF (Trail Riders Fellowship) have claims in for somewhere in the region of 160 new BOATS in the Notts Derbyshire area. Hopefully riding my bike up there next weekend.
 D3 SE
KTM 525 EXC Much more fun than 4 wheels 

Post #449312th Jun 2005 9:51 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I've just got back from a day out in the Peak District. Took the old S2a today. Plenty of lanes driven today, most would have OK for the Disco 3 (some I have done in the Disco a few weeks ago). A good one for starters would be the byway that crosses Burbage Moor near Sheffield. Get yourself an ordnance survey 110 and 119 and there are loads.

If you value your vehicle, I would avoid Stanage Edge, it is very rocky and underbody protection would be desirable, although I am sure that someone will beg to differ!

I would also avoid Chapel Gate near Edale, as I drove down it today and it was very tough. I managed to stove in the front bumper, and scrape a nasty gouge in the left rear wing of 'Betsy'. No matter on her though, they will be fixed with the aid of a big hammer.

Post #449412th Jun 2005 10:02 pm
morzine

Saying "Hello"

Hi,

I am here as i'm thinking about the new Disco, however I come from the days of poor quality RR's, blown gear boxes and everything else to boot. Basically I 've been driving a merc estate for the last seven years and only had one breakdown. However I miss the ride height and feel of the big 4x4 and am itching to get back in one.

Am I brave enough to buy, well i've had my test drive but the quality issues I read throughout this site bring back memories of the RR sitting sadly on the drive awaiting the tow truck.

If you can reassure me I'd be only too happy but it'll take some doing.

Nice site and keep up the pressure on LR for quality to be improved.

A,

Post #456414th Jun 2005 9:37 am
Nickhearne

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Hi Morzine,
I have gone from a Merc E class estate to a Disco 3 & I love it!
OK it is not as well put together as the Merc but it is not that far off, I tried the Nissan Pathfinder which should be very reliable but just could not see my self happy with the cheep looking Jap interior!
Also the auto on the disco is as smooth as the Merc & it has as good a ride & dose not sway around in the bends! If any thing it handles better than the Merc!
Mine had a oil leek which had to be fixed cheesed me off no end but as soon as I got it back & drove it I just could not stop grinning!
Go for it or you will just wish you did every time you see one!
Nick
 Range Rover Sport Estate 2.0 P400e Hse Dynamic Black
D4 HSE Santorini Black
Almond Arabica hide & Walnut trim Now sold
Discovery 3 TDV6 SE
Zambezi Silver Ebony leather Now sold 

Post #456514th Jun 2005 10:33 am
BN

England 

Morzine, don't forget we are the guys who really care and like to know exactly what is going on with our vehicles. They earn me a living as well. Some drivers would never find out what we have in such a short space of time and possibly not even bother, to them it is just a vehicle.

Our biggest annoyance is the Land Rover Customer Service, not the car and not usually the dealers.

The D3 (LR3) is a superb car basically and its off road ability is quite astounding. On road isn't bad either for 2.7 tonnes. The only time you know it is heavy is the braking sometimes, takes a bit longer for safety. I have never found the ABS to kick in though at the speeds I brake from which are progressive.

Get the dealer to let you take one off road maybe at a show or visit the UK Billing Show, where LR themselves will take you for a spin.

Post #456614th Jun 2005 11:12 am
Nickhearne

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

BN wrote:
The only time you know it is heavy is the braking sometimes, takes a bit longer for safety. I have never found the ABS to kick in though at the speeds I brake from which are progressive.

I have had to use the brakes in anger!
A 106 pulled out right in front of me (how the hell she did not see 2.7 tonnes bearing down on her) I stood on the brakes thinking here we go she is going to hit me! The Disco pulled up very well with the ABS kicking in, she on the other hand still kept coming, only to look up at the last minuet & stopping just in time!
So try a emergency stop the brakes do work well!
Nick
 Range Rover Sport Estate 2.0 P400e Hse Dynamic Black
D4 HSE Santorini Black
Almond Arabica hide & Walnut trim Now sold
Discovery 3 TDV6 SE
Zambezi Silver Ebony leather Now sold 

Post #456814th Jun 2005 11:41 am
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Nick, apparently the Disco 3 will stop from 70mph in less distance than the Porsche Carrera GT Surprised

I read it in Autocar, so it must be the truth Wink

Martin

Post #463015th Jun 2005 5:14 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Also, hello and welcome to all the new members that have joined recently Smile Hope you're enjoying the site!

Martin

Post #463115th Jun 2005 5:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 819 <123 45 ... 817818819>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >