Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

memorable handover?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 6 <123456>

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I was delighted to collect the car and despite my enthusiasm to be off I still noticed a damaged internal door panel and tar spots on the wheel arches. After using this fantastic website I also requested that the Enhancement Programme be carried out. I did not feel a valued customer, some fuel in the tank but really just wanted to be off driving it.

I doubt that the Enhancement Programme was ever carried out (I did not see a job sheet). The vehicle has been back twice already for the appalling lag. So the dealership now has a fourth opportunity next week to try and resolve this, they keep on installing software upgrades with marginal improvement but I think there is a mechanical issue with the turbo setup.

Having previously driven two demonstrators for a weekend and a LRE day since getting the vehicle I know how excellent it can be. Unfortunately the dealership is letting itself down by not fully resolving the issue. There is also a whirring from the speedo which I am doubtful they will ever address (unless they turn off the stereo).

I think that Land Rover are now producing quality cars that are not matched by the standard of some of their dealerships.

Neil.

Post #9467417th Oct 2006 11:12 am
Disco 3 RS

2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

IMHO if you've got lots of free goodies on handover which weren't worked out in the deal then you've obviously left the dealer with lots of money to play with and therefore not got the best deal!!!
Confused

Post #9467517th Oct 2006 11:18 am
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Gareth wrote:
Wiggs, just start firing email and brochure requests at Land Rover website. I did and got a free off road session in a Land Rover of my choice to take before the end November.

Penalty for this is now I get lots of junk mail from Land Rover, but it beats credit card applications any day!

Good idea!! I will give it a try
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #9467617th Oct 2006 11:21 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Got 2 half day invites after asking for various brochures, seemed to me that if you asked for Freelander U got the invites. Brochures took weeks to get here but I had the car anyway.

Post #9468717th Oct 2006 11:47 am
swiss tony

Disco 3 RS wrote:
IMHO if you've got lots of free goodies on handover which weren't worked out in the deal then you've obviously left the dealer with lots of money to play with and therefore not got the best deal!!!
Confused

yes and no on that. a small bottle of champers and a couple of bits for a personal touch and thank you is only £50ish. but if your going for the full tank and mat set after negotiation (ala let dom do it) probally.

dont forget although those nasty salesmen want to show you good value they dont really want to work for nothing!

Post #9469317th Oct 2006 11:53 am
Trinity

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

at the end of the day we like to keep the customer happy, that way they will return for service, warranty and new cars Very Happy

Post #9469717th Oct 2006 12:00 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

so come on guys... let us have some dirt on some pain in the ass customers... no names of course and I'm sure none will be on the forum anyway...

Post #9469917th Oct 2006 12:06 pm
swiss tony

hehehe no comment.... Embarassed

tbh most people are very nice and very excited about picking up there new car. i certainly have not had any bad experiences since being with land rover. i find that the customers are very passionate about the brand, especially defender customers.

but from my previous ten years at the "backward facing chicken" i have a few! the only thing i would suggest is people by from people, if your getting what you think is the best treatment possible, let the salesman know it. i had a customer looking for a used d3 hse for 8 months, a very different spec from the norm so a hard car to track down. he sent a letter to the dealer principal here stating that i was a credit to the sales team for the determination i had put into finding the car (big up me) in the end a car became avaiable at another dealer that wouldnt trade it too us so he bought it there. so even though we didnt supply the vehicle i knew it wasnt personal and we have remained great freinds, ill always help him out where i can. 8)

Post #9472317th Oct 2006 1:17 pm
CFB

United Kingdom 

cotefarmboy wrote:
Will let you know, I'm picking mine up at 1.00pm Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Not a good start, the car isn't ready (despite being on site for 2 weeks), they can't get the driving lamps to work and the firm doing the privacy glass haven't turned up Sad

No idea when I'm getting it now Evil or Very Mad
 2020 BMW X1 18d XDrive X-Line Auto  
Post #9472517th Oct 2006 1:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed

England 

One other thing - when I picked up the D3 there was a notice board saying '********** welcomes Mr & MRs VA' (Obviously not VA but my surname) Nice touch.
 Loving the power of the TDV8!  
Post #9472917th Oct 2006 1:27 pm
Trinity

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Post #9473117th Oct 2006 1:31 pm
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Trinity is speechless Laughing
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Gone but not forgotten !!! 

Post #9474617th Oct 2006 2:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Maybe someone smacked his bottom ?

Post #9474717th Oct 2006 2:32 pm
LR Dealer

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

It is very difficult to get the balance right.

As rightly pointed out, too many "free" gifts - possibly too much money given...but if you feel you had good value for money and the service, both sales and after-sales is to your satisfaction, can you pay too much? Smile

Once gave the standard "Bouquet" to a guy, to be told his partner would love them. His partner was called Simon... Shocked

Have given a bottle of wine to a tea-totaller - went down rather badly. But when would that come up in conversation, what colour? what model? by the way do you drink?

My wife's last car came with a film of dust, fumes in the tank and several grubby paw-prints from the pdi spanner monkey. And that manufacturer is always in the top 5 for customer satisfaction. Sad

Post #9474917th Oct 2006 2:35 pm
dylansdad

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I think the challenge for dealers in reputation rests on the whole with service.

tbh the sales guys have an easier job in that once the customer is sold on the vehicle, recieving it is a big and exciting enough event in itself that any small gestures will be icing on the cake, and lets be honest, anyone likes to think they are getting some freebies Laughing

Only time I can see sales guys making a negative impact on dealership image is if they miss-sell which I would expect now the D3 is well established happens far less than at launch.

cmon admit it ...you sales guys have it easy Wink Laughing
 2004 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi Silver  
Post #9475317th Oct 2006 2:45 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >