Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Suspension
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 8 <12345678>
scorpio

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

The search button at the top is plenty good enough for what Is required what it does need though is that all issusses are pointed out to Martin so that they can all be listed in the issue forum then you just search that one section.

Post #95683rd Aug 2005 1:30 pm
Nickhearne

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

10forcash wrote:
Nick,
Is your towpack a dealer or factory fit?
When I ordered mine, the dealer said that the factory fit gives more 'system integration', which I presume means it stops the suspension movement....

Cheers,

10forcash

Dealer fitted, it makes thing a lot easier as you do not have to wined the jockey wheel up & down! Very Happy
 Range Rover Sport Estate 2.0 P400e Hse Dynamic Black
D4 HSE Santorini Black
Almond Arabica hide & Walnut trim Now sold
Discovery 3 TDV6 SE
Zambezi Silver Ebony leather Now sold 

Post #95693rd Aug 2005 1:32 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Never thought of that Rolling Eyes

Cheers,

10forcash

Post #95703rd Aug 2005 1:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Just had a call from my dealer who has at last confirmed the compressor failure. “It’s on back order so this could mean anytime between a week and a month.” I queried the time frame and was told “it’s been happening a lot and they have a few on back-order.”

Have spent the last hour and a half bouncing between the dealer, Land Rover Assist and Land Rover Customer Care trying to sort out a replacement vehicle with no one really taking any responsibility. I am awaiting a call back with what was termed “satisfactory resolution to my problem”, which included the promise of a fast-track part (Either I believe this is possible or some other poor D3 soul will have to wait a while longer for theirs as I jump the queue). Anyway, whist talking to Land Rover Customer Care , they rebutted, in no uncertain terms, the problem some owners are having with their suspension.

I am left to conclude, as a scientist using back of fag paper statistics, that the problem is common ONLY to members of disco3.co.uk.

Paul
Rolling Eyes
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #95763rd Aug 2005 4:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

Yeh, right Rolling Eyes

Post #95783rd Aug 2005 4:12 pm
MVS

Even badgering my dealer and LRCS every day it took 10 days to get my compressor.

It's a corporate get out cos CS sound like they're trying for you, and so do your dealer but I feel it doesn't speed things up.

It just slows the process if you don't badger them

So keep on at them mate

My feeling is that there are other D3's with the problem not just us lot, just they don't know about this site. Don't let them make u believe they don't know there is a problem, they admitted it to me 2.5 weeks ago. They have obviously been told to about turn on that one. I think they may be getting worried PROPERLY WORRIED @Solehull.

Can't someone spam e-mail all visitors to the LR site?(Joke) Laughing

Post #96243rd Aug 2005 5:51 pm
BN

England 

Call in on this post, http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=831
I have done it to see exactly what type of person joins a site like this one. The majority of D3 drivers, I am sure don't even bother to look at the web for their cars and similar people with similar interests.

Without being masoganistic and totally un pc, where are the girls on our site and I have seen at least 40 D3's in my area alone being driven by females.

Basically most people don't care. If it goes wrong it is fixed by the company. Most of our guys are owner/drivers even if they do buy through a company or privately.

Post #96293rd Aug 2005 6:07 pm
Mossy

LR Customer Service called me back at 16.55 and said they had ‘found’ a compressor and that it would be sent through to the dealer immediately. He [LRCS] would call the dealer mid morning tomorrow to see if they had it and push them to start straight away.

Also, and I did push him on this, asked him if he could say categorically that it is not a common problem and he said “it is not”, but then let slip that the dealer was wrong to admit to the fault “as we’re told not to say anything.” Condemned himself there my his own (in)admission me thinks!

He did say that if my car was still not ready for the weekend he would sort out the money (????) for me to hire an equivalent / suitable vehicle instead of the Ford Focus.

I think, OK I know I’m being fobbed off and I know the compressor wont be there tomorrow, and I wont have a car for the weekend and, and, and… it’s all unfolding like a Greek Tragedy.

I going to start a book on the chances of me posting on this forum that I have my car fixed on Saturday morning.
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #96453rd Aug 2005 7:24 pm
MVS

To be fair to them at LRCS if the part has been found and is being shipped to the dealer u have a chance for the weekend.

With mine they couldn't get a new compressor as supplies were short, once they got one it arrived swiftly.

Still surprises me they haven't admitted there is a problem with the compressors. They were very open about it with me two weeks ago.

Mike

Post #96463rd Aug 2005 7:37 pm
Mossy

MVS – I am trying to share your optimism and I have to agree, everybody is trying their best to resolve the problem. I just have to sit this one out for a couple of days.

I do have a theory – I reckon that LR’s reluctance to admit a fault sits with the fact that they would have to issue a recall. With the D3, being still relatively new and still popular, why issue a recall when demand for parts like the compressor are being used up on new vehicles. It’s a game of chance they can play – to recall all affected vehicles would probably halt new build, so wait until they break [as that’s money already in the bank] and fix them ad-hoc with the odd spare when they fail at random intervals.

I may write an few open letters to various media outlets asking for D3 owners who have had suspension problems to contact me – I work with the media as it’s my business – and see if I can solicit sufficient numbers for us to get a credible database beyond enthusiasts such as ourselves who seek resolution to our problems through the web and forums such as this.

Paul
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #96483rd Aug 2005 7:52 pm
MVS

Nice idea, I had already considered contacting What Car helpline.

I have decided to hold fire @ this stage as I have written to both LRCS and my dealer principle asking for both reasurances and possible compensation for the hassle I had. (see thread on suspension height failure)

Awaiting responses to these letters. Included in my letter to dealer principle that I felt I would have a good case for rejection, we'll see what happens, and then I'll maybe contact What car.

Anyway count me in on anything u can initiate

Mike

Post #96533rd Aug 2005 8:03 pm
Mossy

Interesting you mentioned compensation too. I raised that with LRCS and also the issue of rejecting the vehicle as it has suffered a serious failure in under 30-days. If you'd baught a TV and it broke this quikly, you'd want a replacement or your money back (and you'd get it). Not sure what I want from compensation yet - as it's an -on-going issue - maybe this is a thread in itself?

My feelings about the mass media route is that so many of us, like BN commented, simply accept problems and a worse assume we're the only ones affected. Us [enthusiasts?] being a little more interested with the nuts and bolts dont just drop off the keys and waiting for the car's return but we ask that most usful of questions - why? Dealers let slip numbers, forums like this bring problems together, and the cycle of investigation begins.

I would hope to tap into the "funny you should asks, but my suspension failed too." I've done this sort of thing before, and you can be surprised by the results.

Paul
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #96593rd Aug 2005 8:15 pm
BN

England 

Mossy, many of us on this site have had issues in the past and at present. I for one have put on hold several more cars because of a seat problem, which is being sorted by LR. It is slow, but it is being done. One concern I have with anything we do and that is (with due respect) the media have a one day newspaper reader attention or TV a 30 second item mixed in with many others.

It is only if it is of mass interest that it is taken up and a good result is achieved, rare.

I have found through experience that a steady stream of facts in a quiet and controlled manner usually gets the correct attention. It is not quick, but it is usually a better result.

Think carefully before letting the press get a hold of anything. We are looking to gather real hard factual evidence that is indisputable and I think we have a team on the site able to do it with some considerable force, but quietly, that way we do not devalue a brilliant car.

Post #96623rd Aug 2005 8:26 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

The other down side of 'going public' to the media scum Shocked is that - particuarly as a group (disco3.co.uk) LRCS would see us as adversarial, this is more to do with todays blame culture and the general feeling that every annoyance and inconvenience deserves compensation, look at the growth in ambulance chasers over the last five years or so. I believe that the approach to LRCS ahould be a 'partnership', i.e. work with us - we're not the 'enemy', to date, I've not seen one person on here that has sold on or returned their Disco 3 and moved on to another marque, although I may be wrong - I usually am....
I believe the line should be "we're passionate about our LR's, help us to help you" this line may well open a conduit to the inner depths of LR to such an extent that this site has a value (perceived or real) to LR.

When I worked for RAC, there were lots of failings with the old analogue cellphone network, senior management were intent upon complaining daily and wanted to move to another supplier, my view was that instead of fighting with Cellnet (now 02) we should work with them to improve things, through constant dialogue, we were at the forefront of trialling the GSM network in UK, many of the improvements and functionality that exists now is a direct result of supplier working with (an addmittedly large) customer.
My point is, that although we are obviously individuals, through Disco 3, the sum can be greater than the whole.
LR, if you're reading this, WORK WITH US - we want to help!

Cheers,
10forcash

Post #96653rd Aug 2005 8:44 pm
Mossy

BN - I accept your point, but I am not looking to elicit a 30 second slot mixed with other tid bits; more I would like to gather factual numbers of equally affected D3 owners who have had problems with their suspension.

The call to action would be simply to assertain numbers from which we (or I alone), could conclude as significant enough for the fault to be classified as common. If you have a sack full of similiar problems it is hard to refute.

Slow steady streams of information do initiate an affect but it is all too often (and I work with companies who employ my services to manage this sort of thing) slow and steady.

A catastrophic suspension failure at any significant speed or whilst half way through a corner would seriouslty impact on vehicle stability and breaking and is something I would not like to test or put my life insurance on a succesful conclusion. A solution should be sourced quickly. Fear not, I am not an angry pen-mad mentalist, hell bent on causing media chaos, or in any way wishing to bring the good repuation of land rover owners into question.

Paul
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #96663rd Aug 2005 8:48 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 8 <12345678>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >