Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

26 hours to go......
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

No, just letting my verbal hair down (what little hair there is anyway!!!)! Whistle Whistle

Post #1261081st Feb 2007 12:31 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

I spoke to the bank yesterday and gave them the details but they couldn't guarantee it wouldn't refer as they subscribe to the Falcon fraud alert system. This hasn't got an overide facility as many large transaction frauds involve inside help from bank staff. No bad thing. I'd rather have a 5 minute wait while they check my inside leg measurement than have the worry that anyone could find my card and spank £30k at will!

NEWSFLASH! Call from solicitor confirms money in my account by 1pm (sent just before midday).

GAME ON!!!
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #1261251st Feb 2007 1:20 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

You'll be pacing outside the Dealer's from 2pm onward then...... Wink
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #1261261st Feb 2007 1:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Right at this moment I feel 6 feet tall and as handsome as Brad Pitt. Which considering I'm 5'6" and my daughter calls me "monkey man" without fear of retribution (I've drilled it into her to tell the truth so I can't tell her off for it) is an altogether new and wonderful experience for me.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #1261351st Feb 2007 1:51 pm
GLYNNE

England 

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

Post #1261601st Feb 2007 3:27 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Once he gats back he'll have to change his name to "EvenLessThanNoDo$h"! Shocked

Post #1261611st Feb 2007 3:30 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

On another forum I changed my name when I ceased to be moderator there and no longer had the power of the edit/hide/mangle/ban/explode buttons. Went from NoDo$h to $till$kint and signed off with $$ instead of ND only to have someone complain I was overtly supporting the Nazis...... Rolling Eyes

Oddly enough I don't post on that forum any more.
Post #1261711st Feb 2007 4:00 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

What are U doing on the Forum??? Shouldn't U be beating down the door of your stealer demanding your new set of wheels & throwing the hard earned at him?? Shocked Confused

Post #1261731st Feb 2007 4:02 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

Must have an internet cafe opposite the dealer.... Smile
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #1261741st Feb 2007 4:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SN

....or made the post from his mobile phone whilst sat in the dealers 8)
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #1261771st Feb 2007 4:17 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

No, surely Brad Pitt has his assistant type in the text for him..... Wink
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #1261831st Feb 2007 4:30 pm
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

DSL wrote:
Censored ! Didn't realise we had auto censors! Bow down Bow down Bow down Rolling with laughter

I guess we'll see how it works when we get a D3 owner in S Censored horpe - I know their council didn't get any emails at all for a fortnight after updating their firewalls with auto-censorship rules... (OK so I had to tweak it to make that work...Scunthorpe actually works fine Very Happy). I'd suggest trying out the content of the Viz Profanisaurus to see what else is auto-censored, but I think Martin might go all green and angry at me 8)

Good luck NoDo$h!! I know you'll enjoy the ride home, just make sure it's got enough fuel in - dealers don't often give you a full tank any more!!!
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #1261851st Feb 2007 4:38 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Sadly I arranged to collect the car at 5:30 and with 10 handovers to do today the dealer has slotted "Weggie" in for final valet and general loving with the big landrover stick to coincide with this. Having worked in the trade a few years ago I know it's bloomin' hard work to get handover times rearranged as it means juggling customers all over the place, so I'm happy to wait. Final valets should always be done as close to handover as humanly possible to ensure maximum gleaminess when the besotted victim, sorry, customer walks in.

To avoid potential delays I gave the dealer my card details earlier and payment has just gone through Thumbs Up

May well post first thoughts while sat in the car at the dealership using the mobile phone though, great idea! Rolling with laughter
Post #1261861st Feb 2007 4:38 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

And pics! As important as thoughts, poss even more as your brain will be like scrambled eggs. Shocked

Post #1261901st Feb 2007 4:42 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

What, yellow and sticking to a pan? Shocked

Sadly the 9300 is lacking a camera, but then my washing machine doesn't record off the tele and I don't think any the less of it. Pics will follow, don't you worry. I'll slap the D3 stickers on tonight and may well turn the floodlights on to take some "atmospheric" nightime shots with a spot of fill-in flash for added photo lovliness.
Post #1261951st Feb 2007 4:53 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >