Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Have u seen this, Disco3 man wages war on LR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 5 <12345>
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Sorry guys but after a few beers I couldn't resist telling this guy what I think.............

Checkout his latest post............

"Well done !! I am so pleased that most of the natural teething problems associated with the new disco 3 were subjected upon a moaning a**hole like you ! - that way by time I got around to buying one all the issues you rattle on about have quite clearly all been fixed - you are obviously just the amoeba of the vehicle evolutionary process. Go sit in your Audi Q thingy and stroke one off !!"
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #3516130th Dec 2005 2:24 am
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Thumbs Up
any response? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #3516430th Dec 2005 8:14 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Isn't it strange how any negative posts to this site have miraculously disappeared overnight - not only my rather 'in your face' comment but other quite inoffensive ones. How is this guy providing readers with a balanced viewpoint?

My biggest irritation is not only is he promoting an Audi which he can't have test driven yet ~ but that when you type in 'discovery 3' on google - his site is in the top 6 results - this must provide a major distortion to potential buyers.

Can we have a concerted post of appropriate views to this site?
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021 

Last edited by DG on 30th Dec 2005 10:07 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #3520030th Dec 2005 11:30 am
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

no point flaming him... he will just bad mouth our site.

Best ignore him and let him get on with his Q7 fantasy.

We can all laugh at him later when he gets stuck in Knightsbridge at the first puddle he drives into.

-s

Post #3520130th Dec 2005 11:36 am
John128

Please...this bloke doesn't need criticism. He needs help. He's either discovered the secret of eternal life, or he's frittering away many of the precious finiite hours he has left in some pointless and benefit-free way. He should give me some of those hours, if he can't think of anything better to do with them.

Hours are wasted on a man like that.

Post #3520230th Dec 2005 11:38 am
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

John128 wrote:
Please...this bloke doesn't need criticism. He needs help. He's either discovered the secret of eternal life, or he's frittering away many of the precious finiite hours he has left in some pointless and benefit-free way. He should give me some of those hours, if he can't think of anything better to do with them.

Hours are wasted on a man like that.
.... as is oxygen Confused  
Post #3520730th Dec 2005 11:57 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Yeah - I guess your right - I shouldn't waste my time with him either Evil or Very Mad .........still..... the word 'a**hole' obviously touched a raw nerve eh Wink

On another note though Simon\ Martin - why can't we improve our hit rating on google - it fairs well if you type in disco or disco 3 - but is nowhere to be seen if 'discovery 3' or 'land rover' is typed.

If 'difflock.com can make the top 3 why can't we - there are ways and means aren't there?
Post #3520930th Dec 2005 11:59 am
Penguin

Belgium 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Why do people forget they buy a LANDROVER, not any other brand of car.

It's a LandRover thing, like you have it with a Ducati, or Harley Twisted Evil
 In a time of chimpanzees, I was a penguin.

www.m-release.com 

Post #3521130th Dec 2005 12:02 pm
Gazavich

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Re: Have u seen this, Disco3 man wages war on LR

MVS wrote:
http://landrover.haveyoursay.com/2005/08/update.html

What makes me laugh is this Q7 thingy has the same gearbox as the D3 with electro park brake.

Hope he gets the same faults. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
 HSE TDV6 Silver : "Avin it large"

www.lift-trucksolutions.co.uk 

Post #3523230th Dec 2005 4:38 pm
lee01277

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

dickgriff wrote:
Yeah - I guess your right - I shouldn't waste my time with him either Evil or Very Mad .........still..... the word 'a**hole' obviously touched a raw nerve eh Wink

On another note though Simon\ Martin - why can't we improve our hit rating on google - it fairs well if you type in disco or disco 3 - but is nowhere to be seen if 'discovery 3' or 'land rover' is typed.

If 'difflock.com can make the top 3 why can't we - there are ways and means aren't there?

Alot of the Google rankings are to to with links to and from other sites, so unless the D3 site has a "links" page, might be a problem..
 ..............Somewhere in-between my old D3 and what's to come next .........  
Post #3523430th Dec 2005 4:45 pm
BN

England 

Until you work Land Rovers for over 20 years professionally as I have and used them for work, recreation and pleasure it is hard to explain the Land Rover.

There is nothing on earth to compete with the long wheel base 110 for work.
There is nothing on earth to compete with the 90 for light work and pleasure.
There is nothing on earth to compete with the Discovery's for people carrying, work and pleasure.

There is nothing on earth to compete with the Discovery 3 period.

It is about time Jeremy Clarkson, who does read this site gets a Discovery 3, BMW X5, Shogun, Nissan and say a Jeep and equally compare them on road, off road and for work, instead of being silly and acting like a boy racer all the time.

The Land Rover Discovery 3 will win hands down. Yes, it is also a Land Rover thing as someone put.

So JC, give me a call and we will see what you can really do when put to the test, remember we did it with Scania trucks the last time Wink .

Post #3524130th Dec 2005 5:47 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

I couln't resist again - this time though I had an e-mail from him (see below) - Strangely the typepad interface he uses has a delete button just below the post............... I wonder what will happen to my latest entry????? MMMMmmmmm????

I think its time for an e-bombardment guys !!

Hi,

I am not aware of deleting any comments – can you give me an example please?

Thanks,

Adrian

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 19 January 2006 23:18
To: [email protected]
Subject: [The Truth about the Land Rover Discovery 3] DG submitted a comment to 'No isolated incident: Disco 3 is a failure and I am throwing it away'

Dear Adrian:

A new comment has been submitted to your weblog "The Truth about the Land Rover Discovery 3," on the post "No isolated incident: Disco 3 is a failure and I am throwing it away."

Comment from:

Name:
DG

Email:

IP:
82.27.***.***

Comment:

How come you continually remove any posts that contradict your view - You do not permit a balanced opinion - what are you frightened of ?????

Edit Delete

Think this might be comment spam?
More information about comment spam is available here.

Last edited by DG on 5th May 2010 4:39 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #3823820th Jan 2006 12:50 am
Baybers

Saudi Arabia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

its amazing how personally some of you people take this. I did read his weblog prior to buying my d3,. It is a little on the hysterical side,. but he has every right to complain,

landrover make very unreliable cars pure and simple, I do like the discovery very much but I am under no illusions about its long-term reliability, its no toyota and if I were in the outback I would have bought a landcruiser every time.

but the d3 is a much more developed car and one hopes that but putting a rocket up these guys they may improve reliability, fit and finish etc..

The top gear rankings of manufacturers have landrover right near the bottom, inc the new RR.

Post #3824320th Jan 2006 6:54 am
Baybers

Saudi Arabia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

when I first went to the blog in question, I had the impression of a gay neurotic man from Notting hill whose idea of "off road" was to park the car on kensington high street with one wheel on the kerb and say "ooh clive look what I've gone and done now"

Post #3824920th Jan 2006 9:44 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

Post #3825020th Jan 2006 9:47 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >