DISCO4.COM > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

LRA replacement car policy
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

buzz lightyear wrote:
Macclesfield in Cheshire if it helps you all,

Just wondered what company / industry or both.

Your comment seemed to come from inside the industry and not just from a customer perspective.

Also your first post appeared in a hotly discussed thread Smile

Post #19226720th Aug 2007 10:39 pm
buzz lightyear

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

My experience and knowledge comes from having dealt with dealers on a day to day basis as well as dealing with manufacturers and I know they all have theie own complex ways, up until 2 years ago I worked with the dealer infastructure. Now I have my own interests.
 a little knowledge is very dangerous  
Post #19227020th Aug 2007 10:43 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Thumbs Up

Post #19227120th Aug 2007 10:44 pm
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

just to add my 2p's worth on this, I bought both my D3 and the D2 I had previously from Lancaster Reading and whilst all the servicing and warranty work has been done by their smaller service only branch in Thatcham, (where they are friendly, have always been 100% and have this empathy we're after BTW) at one point about 3 years ago I had a new front screen fitted to the D2 by one of the big vehicle window fitting companies in a less than satisfactory fashion, the service manager at the time couldn't do enough to try and help the situation. maybe someone's just has had a bad day at Reading today ! might I suggest this thread in that case Very Happy

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic13589.html
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #19230020th Aug 2007 11:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Cheers for that! Thumbs Up feel better already! Very Happy

Post #19230520th Aug 2007 11:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

hurrah! my work is done here spreading positivity and light!! Razz Razz Razz
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #19230620th Aug 2007 11:41 pm
Ken

The silly thing the thread started over a year ago when D3's were very scarce from LRA. Rolling with laughter Still I'm not going to take the white one to Lancasters now thats for sure. Also goto buy a few more RRS shame really

Post #19234221st Aug 2007 6:24 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Shocked Shocked No-one noticed that....!

Oh well...... Rolling with laughter
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #19234421st Aug 2007 6:53 am
Lancasteradvisor

England 

I would like to Thank every body for there feed back both negative and positive. As pointed out we are all entitled to our own opinion and I can assure you this will be my last here. As Bodsy clearly stated and I was trying to say we are here to help. As a dealer we will always do our utmost for the customer and fight there corner for them especially with post warranty claims once the vehicle has left the 3 years manufacturers warranty. We will automatically call Land Rover to discuss rather than wait for you the customers to request, we do try and take a pro-active role after all it is in our interests.
As Buzz Lightyear stated with regards to replacement vehicles if you the customer feel happy to contact Land Rover CRC if you feel the replacement vehicle is not to standard you can or you can request we do it for you which we will always do, there are proceedures in place for us to do this, the only thing we can not guarantee is that Land Rover will upgrade the vehicle, as I tried to point out we have no control over this we can only request and fight the cause for you.
As my final point I would just like to say this seems to be a battering ground for anybody who works within the Land Rover franchise - there was a forum a short time where a technician got totally slammed for his views also we do also have valid points to make to let you how the system works internally. I am not buck passing or " not my fault guv" we have to follow proceedures and guidlines set out by Land Rover and most of you have advised we work alongside them as there representatives and also have to look at things from a business prospective after all we are all here to earn a wage just like all of you.
Again Thank-you and good bye.

Post #19235821st Aug 2007 8:39 am
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

problem is LA that some forum members, past and present ones included, have been treated very poorly by LR and their respective Main Dealers.(just have a rummage around and you will see) Some have had fairly major problems with their not inexpensive vehicles and if someone puts their head above the parapet with an LR hat on and starts to try and explain the difficulties involved in sorting something out, no matter how well meaning the intention, think they are asking for trouble really. It shouldn't put you off being involved in the forum, you never know when a line of text on here from you could be someone else's salvation!
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #19239721st Aug 2007 10:04 am
The Punisher

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I have to agree with you Blue Meanie but give the guy a chance is you read between the lines he seems genuine and explaining the politics of working within a Franchised dealer.
I have had bad experiences with main dealers but if you listen and look hard enough you'll normally find that the Service Advisor, Manager or who ever you are dealing with are normally with a few exceptions genuine people who are there to help and try and resolve your issues.
I have been guilty in the past of slagging of the front line staff and jumping on the band wagon and kicking them when there down but when you have been on the receiving and look back at would you could have done, said etc it makes you think.
If I got a call with someone ranting and raving and swearing as is often the case in some situations it automatically puts you on the back foot and in defensive mode. Why should they help you then once been abused, again guilty of past indescretions. I now look at all cases with EMPATHY as previously mentioned and think "How would I like to be treated" if I was in this situation as LA said mentioned.
I have experience from both sides as a customer and working within the trade for many years until recently when I decided I could take no more of the down side that being the aggressive and nasty side of of both staff and customers and run a consultancy for both dealer staff and customer workshops with staff present to have open forums to discuss such issues.
So far all has been successful and the feed back from dealer staff and customers has all been positive and the relationships have grown and improved.
Felt the need to have my say as have been in LA position I know where he is coming from. Thumbs Up

Last edited by The Punisher on 22nd Aug 2007 12:35 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #19253421st Aug 2007 4:52 pm
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Lancasteradvisor,

I think you need a CRM (Customer Management Relationship) System, PM me, I can help.. Thumbs Up

You could then become my customer Thumbs Up , and we could compare service levels !!!!! Thumbs Up
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #19254221st Aug 2007 5:15 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Lancasteradvisor wrote:
Slightly off the topic but it does frustrate us people at dealer level when we receive a torrent of abuse when another vehicle has been supplied which is not upto standard!!! We do not make the cars and we are NOT Land Rover only there appointed agents. We do not the authority to upgrade the cars and DO NOT have unlimited amount of loan cars sitting idle that we can just acquire. Most dealers have a lead time of around 3 weeks for loan cars and if like our selves will only have Freelanders on fleet. Which most customers do not understand is, as a service department these cars on average cost £750 a month to keep even if they sit idle for all of that time there is still depreciation etc to take into account. Land Rover Assist have the agreement with Land Rover that a PAG group vehicle has to be supplied subject to availibility until repairs are completed. The UK average turnaround on vehicle breakdowns coming in to being ready for collection is 4 days which in my opinion is not a major inconvenience if you have been kept mobile. Enterprise themselves only have a fleet of 8 Range Rovers and 50 Disco 3's at current but Land Rover are budgeted to supply another £1.2 million pounds worth of Land Rover product to Enterprise by the end of year so hopefully there will be more vehicles available.
I hope this helps clarifies the issue somewhat, and please do not take out your frustration on the dealership, we are not whipping blocks we are here to try and help and get you back into your vehicles in the quickest possible time, it is not in our interests to keep the vehicles off road for days on end just to annoy people! Evil or Very Mad

Lancasteradvisor wrote:
]I would like to Thank every body for there feed back both negative and positive. As pointed out we are all entitled to our own opinion and I can assure you this will be my last here. As Bodsy clearly stated and I was trying to say we are here to help. As a dealer we will always do our utmost for the customer and fight there corner for them especially with post warranty claims once the vehicle has left the 3 years manufacturers warranty. We will automatically call Land Rover to discuss rather than wait for you the customers to request, we do try and take a pro-active role after all it is in our interests.
As Buzz Lightyear stated with regards to replacement vehicles if you the customer feel happy to contact Land Rover CRC if you feel the replacement vehicle is not to standard you can or you can request we do it for you which we will always do, there are proceedures in place for us to do this, the only thing we can not guarantee is that Land Rover will upgrade the vehicle, as I tried to point out we have no control over this we can only request and fight the cause for you.
As my final point I would just like to say this seems to be a battering ground for anybody who works within the Land Rover franchise - there was a forum a short time where a technician got totally slammed for his views also we do also have valid points to make to let you how the system works internally. I am not buck passing or " not my fault guv" we have to follow proceedures and guidlines set out by Land Rover and most of you have advised we work alongside them as there representatives and also have to look at things from a business prospective after all we are all here to earn a wage just like all of you.

compare the two.... slight change in viewpoint and attitude wouldn't ya say? Wink

Post #19265821st Aug 2007 9:22 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Wonder what the DP at Lancaster had on his desk this afternoon

I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #19266221st Aug 2007 9:32 pm
tomflanagan

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I would just like to post a response to all this being said and support my local dealer Sturgess of Leicester. The sales folk are great and the service folk go out of their way to be helpful. Always greeted with a smile and hello.

They even got my car collected today to help me out

Post #19267021st Aug 2007 9:43 pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Back to top
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >