Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D4)

New battery time
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
paulbriggs

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4
Europarts Bank Holiday special 50% off discount code!

Arh well, if only!
Just to be clear, I'm a great supporter of the motor trade and especially all parts suppliers. Without them we would be so totally stuck. but...........

Why do Euro parts and now GSM offer these amazing discounts only to find their prices are double the normal price so you end up paying the same or more.

I've been getting the "bings" and "bongs" when I open the door and the warning note to start the engine due to low battery.

I've only had the D4 MY11 for 2 months ish and loving it.

I looked at what battery was fitted and its a EB950 (95AH and 800A).
Difficult to find the date code but I think its 7GD12B3 which may be 2017 (7) and July (G), or is it April (D) and 2012(12)? Do let me know.
So coming up for 6 years plus during lockdown, car batteries really got screwed over especially in electrically leaky JLRs or its 10 years old!.

So Ive stuck it on conditioning charge and its showing its really pretty low, I managed to get 75 Amp hrs off it a month back after charging it up and borrowing a proper battery meter. So its either the battery or the alternator or the charging circuits or something staying on, or there is an R in the month and also in Land Rover! No fault codes by the way with my brand new GAP IID!

So I thought I'd use the BANK code from Europarts, save up to 50% off this weekend, excellent. Pick it up in Stafford and I will be sorted for £145.74. But then I checked the Tayna site, £91.87 with no discount BS delivered tomorrow. I went for a EA1000 Exide 017TE. That should fix it and then will have to wait to see if the bings and bongs go away.

Post #229375331st May 2022 10:18 am
paulbriggs

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

Post #229375431st May 2022 10:18 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >