Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Greens are at it again
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 6 <123456>
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Can't mate... gotta get in to town and then come back as soon as I can. Will have to be another time Sad

Post #7295225th Jul 2006 9:25 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Right...I sent this off to my boss this morning, lets see if I can get something moving...

Quote:

Hi ******

No doubt you are aware of the current hysteria surrounding the ownership of 4x4 vehicles, not only being promoted by the green organisations, but more readily these days by the media. You may recall from you recent visit to ***** that, like your good self, I have been a keen supporter of Land Rover vehicles for several years and currently own a Discovery 3 diesel. There is a great deal of misinformation concerning 4x4 ownership and it seems that every owner, no matter how responsible or environmentally considerate, is being tarred with the same proverbial brush.

I won't bore you with the positive statistics here as the reason for my e-mail is to make you aware of something more sinister currently being promoted by Greenpeace ..namely a video that positively encourages bullying in the workplace by targeting 4x4 owners. You can see the video here:
http://www.greenpeace.org.uk/gasguzzler/?C...N=33282897 . I'm sure that you will agree that encouraging this kind of behaviour is quite disgraceful (putting it mildly) and I believe that this could be interpreted by some as an open invitation to do worse to either individuals or their property.

It is bad enough that thousands of ****** members working in the automotive sectors either production or the supply chain jobs are being put in peril by this giant wave of 4x4 misinformation, but it seems that our 4x4 owning members are now also being targeted in their workplace as well. I hope that, with your help, ****** can utilise it's considerable presence by providing a balance of the 4x4 argument to our membership and also condemn the actions such as those of Greenpeace for their deplorable methods. If you agree, and would like any further information or assistance then please give me a call.
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #7295625th Jul 2006 9:46 am
LHD

Switzerland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Thandie isn't half cute mind you. I'm sure she'd be happy to know I went off-road on day one of Disco3 ownership Wink
 Discovery 3 Manual as PDF | Blackvue 500 | BAS Remap | Mates did South America in a Landie

Post #7296725th Jul 2006 10:22 am
KrZ

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

http://www.greenpeace.org.uk/MultimediaFil...t/7504.pdf

this file is very much landrover discovery and range rover specific.. by Dr Peter Wells at Cardiff Business School’s Centre for Automotive Industry Research.

Last edited by KrZ on 25th Jul 2006 11:53 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #7297425th Jul 2006 11:23 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

DG, they quote Landrover as source of their pics in pdf above. Worth pointing out to your bosses that that would be an infringment of copyright, assuming they do not have permission!

Post #7297725th Jul 2006 11:32 am
sst

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

How I wish Greenpeace would get things into perspective.

Even if every 4x4 was taken off the road it would have a minimal impact on the CO2 emissions in this country. Have a look at this link and you will see what I mean!

http://www.climatecamp.org.uk/drax.htm

And who really cares about Global Warming anyway? Religion and/or Politics will wipe us all out way before Global Warming has a chance to.
 Si

TDV6 S Auto 2006 Silver, Privacy Glass, Integrated Phone 

Post #7298325th Jul 2006 12:14 pm
ferrett

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

KrZ wrote:
http://www.greenpeace.org.uk/MultimediaFiles/Live/FullReport/7504.pdf

this file is very much landrover discovery and range rover specific.. by Dr Peter Wells at Cardiff Business School’s Centre for Automotive Industry Research.

Ok. At least we know that the author of this report knows how to use bullet points. Very Happy
 2012 D4 - SDV6 XS - Firenze Red  
Post #7299825th Jul 2006 1:20 pm
Gurvan

Location: Germany... Not far from both the US and Hard German rock...

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

sst wrote:
And who really cares about Global Warming anyway? Religion and/or Politics will wipe us all out way before Global Warming has a chance to.

That is for sure and everywhere too !

And if the Politicians don't get us, then maybe this will...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon/1999/supervolcanoes.shtml

Especially that part : "And it would devastate the planet. Climatologists now know that Toba blasted so much ash and sulphur dioxide into the stratosphere that it blocked out the sun, causing the Earth's temperature to plummet."

After that, a little global warming might not be that bad ! Very Happy
 Georgia On My Mind...  
Post #7299925th Jul 2006 1:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL

Ukraine 

At last, now U are onto my subject! I study a group of supervolcanoes (well their lavas anyway) on W USA. Now I do not go to Naples on hols as one of the top geologists in that field thinks that area will be the next supervolcano!

Only problem for the green muppets is that they can not whine about man made volcanoes, not tax them. I get fed up with TV talking about glabal chaos & change showing film of the tsunamis, they are not related!

PS I could talk for hours on climate change (natural stuff that happened for billions of years before LRs appeared) but I promised my wife I would not. Needless to say one decent burp from a volcano makes manmade CO2 output into the shade. At this stage in the last glaciation/interglaciation cycle we were 2degC hotter than now. Geologically we are cooler than we should be!

Rant over, hope wife not reading!

PS sad to say that the idiot Wells is at the same Uni as me.

Last edited by DSL on 25th Jul 2006 1:39 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #7300025th Jul 2006 1:28 pm
Gurvan

Nice to know we have an expert on board !

Thumbs Up

In a way, I nearly wish it would happen to shove that in the face of the first ass-***e I see complaining about my belove dDIII !
 Georgia On My Mind...  
Post #7300225th Jul 2006 1:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL

Ukraine 

One of our most senior (and respected) profs thinks most of it is carp! Higher CO2 would lead to better vegetation growth, the Amazon would flourish & we could feed people better. He also feels that there is more danger in flipping VERY raplidly into iceage. Latest studies on start of the last glaciation show that it all started very quickly, preceeded by a warming. At the moment we are in an interglacial, if U want warm, try a nonglacal period as opposed to a period if glaciations/interglaciations that we are in now. Most of SE (including London) would be accessable via deep diving! Don't worry, man will not survive that long!

Another lecturer commented that CO2 levels are at just above what is needed for photosynthesis, any lower & plants have problems. There is no sign of temperatures rising, mean sea temps do not rise in reality anywhere near as high as in the comuter models (feedback system with evaporation & salinity changes). The models show what the modeler wants. To say we (the sceptics) are in denial means that they can not persuade us with science or facts, so hostility must take over.

Post #7300825th Jul 2006 1:48 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

DSL wrote:
....the Amazon would flourish...
If they didn't keep chopping big chunks of it down to grow soya to feed chickens Shocked The End  
Post #7301025th Jul 2006 1:56 pm
Gurvan

I quite agree with your last phrase whatever they may say, jealousy is part of the picture...

And don't get me started on the one promoting recession ! Very Happy
 Georgia On My Mind...  
Post #7301125th Jul 2006 1:56 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Slimer wrote:
....If they didn't keep chopping big chunks of it down to grow soya to feed chickens Shocked

Now that is a different matter. Obviously we do not grow much soya in the EU otherwise it would not get in.

Gurvan wrote:
And don't get me started on the one promoting recession ! Very Happy

I just knew we would get onto my hairline eventually!
Big CryBig CryBig CryBig CryBig Cry

Post #7301325th Jul 2006 1:59 pm
Gurvan

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I was more thinking of the ones who wants us to live in cave again ! Very Happy
 Georgia On My Mind...  
Post #7301525th Jul 2006 2:03 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 6 <123456>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >