Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Greens are at it again
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I look at it this way, we've had a good innings, may be now it's time to give the ants a chance....

Aardvark (coulnt find an ant, so decided to be reincarnated as an Aardvark? They eats ants dont they? )
Confused
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #7302225th Jul 2006 2:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MG
D3 Decade 

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

This is unbelievable! My gas central heating boiler produces more CO2 than my D3 per year!! Where will they draw the line? I assume that they want everyone to drive Smart car or bicycles and live in a sad little bed-sit shivering in the winter. I guess the main problem with these types is that they are so consumed with their own little sad world and they lack the motivation and enthusiasm to make their own life fullfilled and worthy and so have to pick on folk who are succesful. And of course success brings the finer things in life: a nice house and comfortable home, healthy family, foreign holidays, an expensive car(s) etc.....

Seems to me that most members of Greenpeace do not have any of these things and like to live the life of a monk (sack-cloth and ashes!!). And some whilst they decry 4X4's they commit all the other CO2 'crimes.'

My D3 is very economical in actual fact. It does 30mpg on a run and can hold 7 adults (or the same as 2 smaller cars).

If these lunatics begin to get enough air-time, pretty soon they will be dictating not only what we drive, but where we live, what we do as pass-times/foregn holidays. What a boring world that would be eh? What would happen to all the ambitious people who seek a nicer life and why would anyone bother about going to university....I could rant on!!!!!
 MG

HSE V6 Diesel
Buckingham Blue
Ebony Leather
Side Steps
Mini Fridge
Rosen A7 Roof-mount DVD player
Parrot 3100 Bluetooth
Removable Towbar and Elecs
Pure Highway DAB
Portable Fridge 

Post #7303025th Jul 2006 2:48 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

MG wrote:
.....they want everyone to drive Smart car

I had a Smart Roadster, little flappy paddle pocket rocket! Was great for parking where old D2 was just too big. I miss that little fella.
Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

MG Best time to go to Uni is after being successful. No more stress, all that free time & the babes (especially in summer!!!). U just have to put up with a load of nutters. Mind U most people when they saw me in the D2 were commenting "How can U afford that?", answer -" I worked for a living for 18 years!".

Post #7303325th Jul 2006 3:02 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

MG wrote:

Our Smart ForTwo is one of the most useful & fun vehicles we have ever owned. I put wider wheels on it & now it handles like a kart, hilarious to drive and very roomy. Surprisingly quick off the mark as well, great fun can be had at traffic lights. I'm always amused by the muppets that can't cope with being burned off by a Smart.
Before anyone starts, yes I would rather be in a crash in a D3, but I'd rather be in a crash in a Smart than a lot of other small cars.
Never got more than 39mpg though, but that could be down to the way we drive it Wink

Post #7304025th Jul 2006 3:28 pm
KL

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

DSL wrote:
MG wrote:

I had a Smart Roadster, little flappy paddle pocket rocket! Was great for parking where old D2 was just too big. I miss that little fella.
Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Just bought a Brabus one as a commute car for my 75 mile + per day trip to work.

Lots of go-kart style fun and I'm getting over 60mpg. The only problems are
-remembering to put petrol in the Roadster and diesel in the D3
-remembering not to crash through potholes and speed bumps in the Roadster. I've already 'grounded' the Roadster Evil or Very Mad
 Discovery 3 tdv6 7 seat Buckingham Blue
Had it since new - sold Jun 17 after 12 years and 214,000 miles 

Post #7304125th Jul 2006 3:29 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Seriously regret selling my roadster (depreciation was eyewatering). But then would not have been allowed to get my D3! Such is life!

Post #7304225th Jul 2006 3:32 pm
Pelyma

England 

Back on topic, as I have said before 4x4s are the new fox hunting. Banning hunting has made no difference and neither would banning 4x4s. It is the politics of envy, you are seem as a toff because you have a big car, I was seen as a toff because I followed a pack of hounds, neither is true but these people never deal in truths just sound bites - hence we have A B Liar for 3 terms. Evil or Very Mad Mad
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #7304325th Jul 2006 3:46 pm
Ken

So as a Hunter with a 4x4 I'm stuffed Evil or Very Mad

Post #7304525th Jul 2006 4:08 pm
Pelyma

England 

Welcome to the gang Ken, I course as well Crying or Very sad
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #7304625th Jul 2006 4:16 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Pelyma, I agree with what you say, most "Anti" action is indeed "class" based.
Apart from a few high profile fox hunts, most hunt supporters & hunt servants are country folk who are most certainly not "toffs". Indeed most of them just scrape a living from very poorly paid jobs.
For every new 4X4, there are many more old Land Rovers & Jap 4X4's used by country folk to enable them to carry out their work etc.
Unfortunately, most "Anti's" are urban/city dwellers & know very little if anything about the lifes of these people. It is these country folk that are worst affected by all this nonsense, sadly they are often not very eloquent & shy of the press etc. Therefore spokes people for their cause are often or not Sir/Lady Toffeenose-Plumaccent which just further fuels the "Anti's".
If there was say a ban on 4X4's in cities, these countryfolk would be virtually stuck, as public transport in many rural areas is at best limited.
It makes me mad all this " Anti" bo**ox Evil or Very Mad

Post #7305625th Jul 2006 4:58 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Idea
Maybe, we should make our own pro-4x4 film, stating the truthful facts, and portraying 4x4 ownership as it should be, i.e freedom in the enviroment, without destroying it.

The Greenpeace movie looked professionaly done. Does anyone know how to go about it. Any budding movie makers here? How much would it cost?

Actually, I think this would be better than clogging up central London with D3's

This could then be ditributed in exactly the same way as GP has done. i.e on the web via links and word of mouth.

Post #7306125th Jul 2006 6:21 pm
gasdoc

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
The Green Argument

KrZ wrote:
http://www.greenpeace.org.uk/MultimediaFiles/Live/FullReport/7504.pdf

this file is very much landrover discovery and range rover specific.. by Dr Peter Wells at Cardiff Business School’s Centre for Automotive Industry Research.

I read this today and whilst the guy obviously has a B in his bonnet about 4x4's in general and LR in particular, much of what he says is true, although presented in a rather biased manner.

I am the first to admit, that although I live in the countryside of cornwall, have 4 dogs and tow a caravan, my D3 probably exceeds my requirements and I could find an environmentally more friendly alternative. However, I find the vehicle extremely comfortable, have an excellent local dealer, I love the look of the thing and I don't want to change it. My house is bigger than I need, when I lived in London I bought Gucci suits that cost far too much, I like expensive wine and I work **** hard to get what I want. Most people other than Greenpeace saints have their luxuries and excesses and outside of the old communist block society is happy for people to indulge themselves. In recognition of the need to be more economical we have bought ourselves a new (old model) Freelander to use as a run-around , which will save on some deisel I am sure. I also clear up my own dog Censored when out and about too although I am not sure of the environmental saving this makes. Shocked

Post #7312825th Jul 2006 11:09 pm
Glymmer_Man

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Re: Greens are at it again

Gareth wrote:
Found this on another forum, but we need to spread the word and complain back.

Suggest email to ASA or your MP. They are inciting bullying in the workplace now. How low can they go?

Remember, this is a free country, we do not need this sh**.Twisted Evil

No offence, and I do believe the people responsible for the 'gas guzzler' site are idiots (considering my car uses as much fuel as a large family sedan, or as I have said before is equivalent to an MPV), but posting this site link just gives them more coverage on the net. They already get enough in other forms of media.

That's my 2 cents.

Post #7314826th Jul 2006 12:11 am
SN

Gareth wrote:
Idea
Maybe, we should make our own pro-4x4 film, stating the truthful facts, and portraying 4x4 ownership as it should be, i.e freedom in the enviroment, without destroying it.

The Greenpeace movie looked professionaly done. Does anyone know how to go about it. Any budding movie makers here? How much would it cost?
I think a pi$$ take one would be better - showing greenpi$$ supporters getting crap at work... Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #7314926th Jul 2006 12:16 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Glymmer_Man

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

qzdcg8 wrote:
I think a pi$$ take one would be better - showing greenpi$$ supporters getting crap at work...

Do they go to work? Shocked Confused

Post #7315126th Jul 2006 12:36 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >