Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Wheels & Tyres

Uneven Tyre Wear TSB
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 10 of 12 <123 ... 9 101112>
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

To add fuel to this thread, I noticed last night that my offside rear is very badly worn on the inside. Both front tyres and the nearside rear have also worn enevenly on the inside, but none of them as badly as the nearside rear. My car's VIN falls within the range of TSB LA204-008 so I shall be ringing the dealers this morning to get it booked in and (hopefully) sorted.

Don't know why the tyres have 'suddenly' decided to wear like this though. The car was serviced by an independant (but LR authorised and very reputable) garage last October and they noticed nothing wrong with the tyres (assuming that they did check them of course!).

I keep an eye on my tyres and had not noticed anything untoward until now so there seems to have been a very recent and sudden change in the suspension/steering geometry. The car's not been used off-road (sad I know Embarassed ) and I don't fly over speed bumps / mount kerbs / flatten Greenp**s members and Toyota Pious owners so I don't understand what's gone wrong.

The car has done 21K miles now and would have needed new tyres later this year anyway, but I was hoping to get another 2 to 3K more out of them. No chance of that now - the right rear is illegal! Big Cry
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #16905021st Jun 2007 8:33 am
amphybian

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Have LR gone back on TSB: LA204-008 (uneven tyre wear)

I was wondering if someone can help me, just got off the phone with my dealer and quoted the TSB: LA204-008. They don't know anything about it, and it seems to have disappeared from landrovertechinfo.com
TSB: LA204-009V2 is still there!

Have LR gone back on this issue?

Thanks

Post #2101671st Oct 2007 1:19 pm
The Beastmaster

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

newbie Question not sure what you mean with this TSB can someone kindly explain
thanks

Post #2103821st Oct 2007 9:36 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Technical Service Bulletin, LR's tech notes on something they screwed up on so the dealers can fix it. Evil or Very Mad

Post #2103851st Oct 2007 9:39 pm
The Beastmaster

Thanks for the explaination DSL Thumbs Up I will keep my eye on them.

Post #2103871st Oct 2007 9:46 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I was told by the dealer that you have to get a wheel alignment done every six months. they would not do another on mine.
I don't know if there has been a design change to prevent the bush sttle or not.
Anyone with a new vehicle should monitor the tire and see if they wear badly.
It will be interesting to see.
There may be a new TSB about this to reflect LRs new attitude to this issue?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #2104341st Oct 2007 11:59 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

caverD3 wrote:
I was told by the dealer that you have to get a wheel alignment done every six months

Never heard that one before.

Post #2104352nd Oct 2007 12:08 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Uneven tyre wear Confused ...I've only another 35k left on the MTR's Sad
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #2104372nd Oct 2007 12:18 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

DG wrote:
Uneven tyre wear Confused ...I've only another 35k left on the MTR's Sad

That's more than I got from my Wranglers. Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #2104382nd Oct 2007 12:27 am
Adiver

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Can someone help please?

I have now got uneven tyre wear and took it to the dealers today. They said "yes - you need an alignment done - £55 please" I told them about the TSB LA204-008 and they had never heard of it, saying it was not a warranty claim. I asked them to do a search and include TIRE instead of tyre - they found LA204 - 005 but could not find 008. This TSB is about uneven tyre wear too but does not include the phrase "All Markets" so they said it did not apply to UK, only to NA, even though my car was within the VIN range.

The service manager is going to talk to the General Manager to see if they will cover the cost, considering all the other issues it has been in with since I got it only two and a half months ago.

It also needs two new front ball joints - to be done under warranty - to stop the knocking I get when I go over a pot-hole.

So - is the tyre wear issue covered under warranty or not?

Mine is mainly on the OSR but they said the NSR also needs adjustment and neither are as bad as some they have seen. My point was that niether tyre showed any sign of wear 2,500 miles ago when I bought the car and now the NSR is showing it quite markedly - this cannot be right!

By the way, I now have a copy of TSB LA204-005 - does anyone have a copy of 008 that I can have to show the dealer?

Thanks

Jon

Post #21761623rd Oct 2007 6:21 pm
The Large One

England 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Jon

pm me....your email address

i'll pick the pm up in the morning and get a copy to you..

Nick
 TLO has left the building.......
I no longer work for a Landrover Dealer

My little chilli sauce business http://www.thechillees.co.uk
if you would like to order anything just give me a shout 

Post #21767723rd Oct 2007 10:29 pm
joewool

New Zealand 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Vienna GreenDiscovery 3

Hello Nick,

Could you please send me, too, a copy of TSB LA 204-008? I'm getting the same "there's no bulletin with that number" response here in NZ. My e-mail address - [email protected]

Thanks,
Joe.
 Joe.  
Post #2219987th Nov 2007 8:35 pm
Oily Hoyles

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi Joe

just to let you know TLO is away all week so maybe monday/tuesday next week before he can answer your problem

oily
 Road Rallying guys keep it up all night!  
Post #2224498th Nov 2007 11:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Adiver

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Well, back to the dealers today. This time they fixed a new lower front O/S ball joint and corrected the tracking with a 4 wheel alignment. They were going to charge me for the alignment, but relented. Very Happy

Perhaps because last week it was in to have it all done and they forgot to get a ball joint in. Just a tad annoyed with them over that Twisted Evil

Still, the knock has gone and hopefully it will all be running true now.

You lot were right to tell me to pursue the matter - just the headlight fogging to get them to acknowledge now - but in fairness, since I took it off and dried it all out, it seems to be ok - I'll monitor that one.

Jon

Post #2224518th Nov 2007 11:51 pm
hudsonian

Re: Have LR gone back on TSB: LA204-008 (uneven tyre wear)

amphybian wrote:
I was wondering if someone can help me, just got off the phone with my dealer and quoted the TSB: LA204-008. They don't know anything about it, and it seems to have disappeared from landrovertechinfo.com
TSB: LA204-009V2 is still there!

Have LR gone back on this issue?

Thanks

I had uneven wear on the inside of my tyres last January (11 months ago), this was corrected under the TSB. This week I noticed my rears where now wearing on the outside, 3mm on the very outer edge, 3.5 on outer, 4 in middle and 5 on the inner edge. Local dealership did realignment as the geometry was out again, LR refused to pay.

It appears the TSB (008) has been removed from the system. LRCC offered to pay for one tyre, a so called good will gesture.

LRCC would not replace the rear tyres as they deem this normal wear Shocked even though the dealership found the geometry to be out both times. In the end I had to use the credit for the one good tyre to pay for the geometry re-set Shocked

It would appear to me (my opinion) that LR (not the dealerships) recognised they had an issue and have now chosen to wash their hands of it.....

This could be an expensive thing for us long term if we keep having to get the geometry reset every 6-12 months.

LRCC.... poor service, the guy would not even discuss the numbers with me, kept side stepping the responsibility to the LR engineer (not dealership).... who would not talk to me.... Evil or Very Mad

I am not a happy person with LRCC at the moment

Post #22700623rd Nov 2007 9:37 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 10 of 12 <123 ... 9 101112>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >