Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Wheels & Tyres

Uneven Tyre Wear TSB
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 11 of 12 <123 ... 101112>
tlt

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
bush settle

i'm trying not to laugh... in any event, at 19,500 I had to replace both rear tyres or tires as you like. I also had to pay for an alignment, even though I have had the vehicle services by the selling dealer at every interval. After that, annoying situation, with having to by tires, pay for alignment... here is what I did, which i'm happy with so far..

at 19,500 my rear tyres were worn to the belts on the inside, plenty of tread left on the outsides. In any event I felt the dealer should have been aware, and if an alignment was called for, even if I had to pay for it, someone should have said so... nothing... at any service interval. So, I went and bought and paid tyre company to fit 4 new Nitto Terra Grappler 285/60R18 Extra Load. I then went back to the dealer, and paid for the 4 wheel alignment. So, 20k miles later, tyres are holding up very well. I have been getting them balanced and rotated average about every 5k... I would buy the tires again..

t

Post #22900228th Nov 2007 9:38 pm
Butts

United Kingdom 

Looks like i'm going to have a battle on this. 10 month old 9500 miles HSE. Both front tyres worn unevenly, NS has lost all tread on outer edge. Mrs took it to dealer this morning who shrugged and said it needs 2 new tyres and the alignment looked at, neither of which were covered under warranty. I'm about to ring LR Customer Service but want to be armed with as much amunition as possible. Is the TSB still in place? does it cover my car? What's my best tactic? Thanks

Post #30855810th Jun 2008 1:15 pm
JC100

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Definitely call LR Customer Service.
They agreed to pay for the full 4 wheel alignment on mine recently.
MAKE SURE THE DEALER DOES NOT SCRAP THE OLD TYRES!!!
LR will want measurements from the old tyres to decide whether or not you can claim.
I recently had 3 our of 4 very badly worn at 23,000miles.
Dealer had not spotted it on 2 previous occasions and after a lot of argument and getting LR involved, I got the alignment paid for plus half the cost of 3 replacement tyres.

Good old LR, but moral of story, dont get fobbed off by dealer!

Post #30906111th Jun 2008 1:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MikeG

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Just thought I would say big thanks to DISCO3 site as found all four tyres had uneven wear at 17000 miles.
Came onto the site and found all the details about the missing Landrover bulletin about the bush wear and settling, wrote to my dealer giving all the facts that I had read on the site. The car has just come back with new A suspension arms, full geometry setup and four brand new tyres, all under warranty. Well done my dealer!!! Very Happy

Post #30974112th Jun 2008 6:39 pm
Butts

United Kingdom 

After a protracted battle with my dealer, lost diagnostics and various stalling tactics and following conversations with Customer service, I have been left a message saying that the warranty claim has been denied as set up is apparently ok. 8 months old, 9000 miles, what's my next move? Feel very cheated.

Post #3197338th Jul 2008 10:48 pm
buzz

England 

mines just come back from 2nd service with a recommendation that 'both rear tyres at lega limit'. i checked them and sure enough they are worn on the inner edges but with approx 5mm on the outers. i did vaguely remember this tsb so mentioned it casually to be told 'not at that age or milage (22500)' Shocked

i have now checked the info on here and my car is in the specified vin range.....am i right in thinking that i am entitled to them checking it as per tsb despite the age and milage????????? i was going to change all 4 tyres shortly as the fronts are at 3mm but it is now a matter of principle.... Evil or Very Mad
 Gone.......but not forgotten

06 Zermatt 7 seat auto with PDC and privacy

Club £400 V.E.D. 

Post #32022010th Jul 2008 6:34 am
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Buzz ...was it Stratstones in Bury ?

last service i had they told me i had an alignment problem (tyres worn on inside all round) , but said it wasent covered under warranty.

They also said i would have to put new tyres on before they would do the alignment...

Great lets wear down what tred i did have left extra fast !!!!
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #32052510th Jul 2008 7:39 pm
mick

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

when i had mine tracked they wanted a full fuel tank and if you carry some weight in most of the time was told to leave it in.

Post #32060910th Jul 2008 10:55 pm
buzz

England 

wiggs wrote:
Buzz ...was it Stratstones in Bury ?

last service i had they told me i had an alignment problem (tyres worn on inside all round) , but said it wasent covered under warranty.

They also said i would have to put new tyres on before they would do the alignment...

Great lets wear down what tred i did have left extra fast !!!!

yep......it was bury......i believe mike jeffries (dealer princ) is a member on here!!!!!!not finished with this one yet but ive got a long tow pending next week and wanted new rubber before then.....will prob change and keep old but not sure if argument will be as strong with rubber off the motor Rolling Eyes
 Gone.......but not forgotten

06 Zermatt 7 seat auto with PDC and privacy

Club £400 V.E.D. 

Post #32061210th Jul 2008 11:06 pm
Marcus

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

Suffering serious wear on front tyres - after about 7k miles inner edges of Goodyear MTRs almost gone - went to dealer today - explained the issue was told Land Rover had nothing to do with tyres was my problem. Told them about the TSB - they got quite Censored off and aggressive and asked me who told me about TSB - I said Land Rover. They claimed they knew nothing about the TSB. I was starting to get worried.

A more senior manager came into the office - I explained the issue to him - no porblem, he knew all about eh TSB, it is going in to be checked next week.

More anon...I wont put the delaers name in until I find out how they handle the issue.

Marcus
 --------------------------------
CLUB ' Ah shor it'll be grand'

D3 G4 Media Support 2006 Stage 1 & 2 Thailand and Laos 

Post #32291016th Jul 2008 11:09 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
4 wheel alignment dealer prices ..

Phoned round a few dealers today for service prices and alignment ....look at the difference's Shocked

4 wheel alignment prices -

GUY SALMON - KNUTSFORD £320 -£350 INC
WILLIAMS - MANCHESTER £220 INC
JAMES EDWARD BROCK - PRESTON £196 INC
JAMES EDWARDS - ST HELENS £176.25 INC
HILLENDALE - NELSON £176.25 INC
GUY SALMON - STOCKPORT £85 INC
YEOVIL £70 INC
LAKELAND £70 INC ....these did say that any additional work would be £69 per hour .

Top marks for our sponsor's Thumbs Up
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #32516423rd Jul 2008 9:10 pm
Wex

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Had it done yesterday ( non LR) for 60 euro , included a full report showing all values , camber , castor , toe , king pin & LR set Tolerances for the D3 , both pre & apres.Only thing is I wasn't aware that the D3 had to be put in a particular mode for it to be carried out correctly.I tell a lie I did know , vaguely, but when I phoned 2 seperate dealers I was told it didn't just stick it in normal height.Since been clarified here http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post325289.html#325289

Post #32535024th Jul 2008 12:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BMW

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4
Tyre wear

Disco 3 14000 steady miles showing excessive wear on both edges of front tyres. Runs at Landrover reccomended pressure. Any one else seen similar, is it tyre pressure or just something lad3's do? All thoughts appreciated before I go squeal at Land Rover!

Post #3296546th Aug 2008 7:10 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

If it's both inside and outside edges of the same tyre then yes, it's likely to be pressures. Looks like you may have been running them too low. If it's just the middle strip you're running them too hard. If it's excessive wear on one side only it's a problem with tracking, alignment or bushes (or a combination of the three).
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #3297966th Aug 2008 10:59 pm
TSR2

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Thanks to this web site I have just had 2 new rear tyres and full re-alignment carried out by Stratstones at Doncaster care of the TSB with no problems at all. I just quoted the TSB and the next thing I knew it was done with Land Rover picking up the tab. I hate to think what that could have cost if I hadn't seen this topic. Cheers for that Thumbs Up

Post #3304348th Aug 2008 2:49 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 11 of 12 <123 ... 101112>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >