Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Blackbox Solutions

New low cost BBS Fault Code tool launched
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 9 <123456789>
edouard

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi Colin,

I am quite new on this forum, and discovered your Faultmate family that seems very useful, specialy this FAULTMATE FCR, that will shortly find a place in my glovebox.

For my former 300tdi my LR dealer took me 80 € to say "that code means that plug is simply disconnected" Thanks a lot...

And hum... you said "established members" may benefit form a 10% discount... How long does it take to be "established"?

Thanks, Edouard.

Post #56550515th Dec 2009 5:33 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hmmn, well its a bit longer than a few days and or you need a couple of dozen posts under your belt but as its Christmas i guess we can make an exception Thumbs Up

Post #56592116th Dec 2009 11:59 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Technical Bear

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Hi Colin,

This box really appeals to me, when the D3 does something odd I feel at a loss, a bit like trying to do electrical fault finding without a DMM!

Does this unit allow you to reset the service indicator or do you have to have your other gadget as well?

Post #56597116th Dec 2009 2:37 pm
edouard

Hi colin,

as I wanted to be sure to have it for my vacation, I ordered it before I got your message. But thanks anyway for the nice attitude. Thumbs Up
Maybe we could find a way by adding a 2nd VIN to my FCR Rolling Eyes (as my colleague is about to buy his own LR3, convinced by my enthousiasm)

Thanks again, and I can't wait to see and try the Box,

Edouard

Post #56606816th Dec 2009 7:15 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Ah Edouard, so you are the person behind the infamous french order i sorted out today. Bow down

To be fair, with or without a little discount, i am absolutely sure you are going to be really happy and so impressed. Since we only started actually shipping today, you will be one of the first.

Put it this way, we have been making diagnostic equipment for over 10 years now, and in that time i have seen quite a lot of developments that have impressed me, and i am very experienced with all equipment, including that the main dealer has, but to date nothing has ever really blown me away quite as this FCR unit has. It really sends a shiver down my spine.

A dealer system would take several minutes from cold to read fault codes from, say the EAS system, Our own MSV-2 cuts that to 30 or 40 seconds which is by comparison really outstanding as anyone c an see.

But tonight, i myself did it with an FCR in easily sub 5 seconds.

I can't wait to read what you think of it, as i guess many others would also appreciate reading.

Post #56610216th Dec 2009 8:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
edouard

Colin,

say hello and thanks to the very nice person of your staff I had the opportunity to talk to, this afternoon. And be sure, I'll tell you what I think of your product. It would be more relevant if I had a real Fault codes (what don't really want).

Videos where very helpful to have a quick idea of the different functionalities.

If you need help for translations or distribution for the french market, please do not hesitate.

Cheers.

Post #56612716th Dec 2009 8:55 pm
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

Hi Colin

I know that Xmas is now over for another year and that we are 8 days into a very snowy 2010 here in the UK but I was wondering (and hoping) if your 10% discount offer to forum members was still available?

Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down

Regards

Paul
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #5765828th Jan 2010 10:02 am
Jambo

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Unnecessary quote removed

I was looking at this thread after reading Wiggs' review and kicking myself for not reading it sooner Rolling Eyes

I would also be very interested if the offer was still available Whistle Bow down

Post #5767078th Jan 2010 12:46 pm
Ecosse

I'm sure they'll work out some new 2010 Disco3.co.uk members deal shortly Very Happy - it makes good business sense for site sponsors to provide favourable terms to members over those avaiable on the general market in order to emphasise their link to the site as sponsors rather than just being advertisers on the site - and of course by offering members deals businesses generally gain an increased market share & favourable feedback Shocked .

Post #5779009th Jan 2010 10:01 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Errm, yea what he said Laughing
Seriously, Ecosse could not have been more correct if he tried and my delay in responding is only due to my giving proper consideration to the prospect of implementing a long term 10% discount offer for all established Disco3.co.uk members and discussing it with the relevant parties.

So in short the answer is yes, if you put your order in, and then PM me your order ref number, you will get a 10% discount.
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #57880211th Jan 2010 9:43 am
Ecosse

Hopefully members will support Colin by providing business in light of the special member terms Very Happy - Colin, is it worth ensuring members are aware of this & the unique features of the faultmate by opening a thread with a heading of the "member deal"? (assuming that's within Martin's site rules)

Post #57880711th Jan 2010 9:51 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Hiya Ecosse
I was thinking to re work my signature and or my Banner ad.
But in any event, once again you are spookily spot on matching to my own my thoughts about that requirement.
I also have to detail exact definition of the term "established Disco3.co.uk members"

So i will do something more general, public and definative in the next few days.

Post #57880911th Jan 2010 10:06 am
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

Fantastic news Colin - I'll be placing my order today Thumbs Up
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #57882611th Jan 2010 10:34 am
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

Ordered Thumbs Up

Post #57903311th Jan 2010 5:03 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Yea i heard the story about the phone troubles you were having Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

It's going to be like Christmas all over again for you.
It really is a stunning bit of Kit and it works so effortlessly it's like magic, even to me.

Post #57907611th Jan 2010 6:10 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 9 <123456789>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >