Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Last Registered D4’s
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Dusty

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

It defies all logic getting rid of it, but when have LR's been logical Whistle

Although probably less than 1 in 100 there's a few examples of low mileage 15MY going pop!!
An aftermarket warranty is the most sensible option but they've never been a product I've really trusted.
I know WD get fairly good press on here, but it doesn't take much digging to find lots of bad reports on the web Confused
 Discovery 4 HSE
SDV6

Post #190600224th Jan 2018 6:53 pm
Farmer Chalk

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

Even at absolute worst and it does go pop a short engine is about £4.5k...and definately not as much as the cost to purchase a newer one! The failures are so rare.... I did 65k in mine in just over two years and it was a stunning car!

Keep it!

Post #190600724th Jan 2018 7:03 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I’ve been reading with great interest you guys in UK describing aftermarket warranties.

To best of my knowledge after the warranty period on JLR’s 3 year warranty (covers LR, Jag) runs out there are no aftermarket warranty programs. If you service at an official LR stealer you get one year of road assistance (so they take it to the shop, you get a replacement vehicle, etc.) but that is it. The same applies for other brands, too. Hyundai gives a 5 year warranty and Kia gives 7 years which I think is quite long but it does have some exclusions. The warranty on a Volvo is 2 years.

Here “JLR approved” means car is less than 5 years old and has less than 100000 km on it. For those you get 2 years warranty at purchase time with a 50000 km limit.

What I’m kind of saying is that in the nordics drive discos without warranties and are blissfully unaware of such alternatives Wink

The non-brand warranties available for used cars are absolutely useless and exclude all expensive things. They tend to be 1 year OR 10000 km or so with an upper coverage limit of 3000 or 5000 eur. You pay 500-800 e for it, though

Just a very different view point on spending money on warranties Thumbs Up

Post #190601824th Jan 2018 7:20 pm
professorpool

Wales 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

The Dundonian wrote:
The trouble with the D5 is that,

1. The S is the basic shape of a D5, lucky if it’s got seats for £46k.
2. The SE doesn’t even have a reversing camera or other essential equipment, to spec this and a couple of other things up is £54k.
3. The HSE is good, but £60k.

Unless your using the Banks money or LRs PCP etc. Then it’s normally too much money to splash out on a motor.

To be fair the gadgets and goodies in a Land Rover are woeful compared to other manufacturers.
 D3 07 SE - still going strong
D3 07 HSE - gone to car heaven
FL1 - gone to Romania
D3 05 HSE - gone to a divorce diet
D1 V8 manual - gone but not forgotten
RR Classic - gone to car heaven

Jeeps, Lexus, X-trails... Too many to name.. 

Post #190623125th Jan 2018 8:57 am
Dan_NL

I just bought an F-Type 2 liter, basic model, with some extra's. A friend asked why I didn't buy a Cayman as its base price is a lot less and its faster.
I never consicered buying a Porsche as its related to the beetle, and merely a squashed version of it.. Mr. Green

But when I listed what goodies evectively come with the car and started adding these on to the Cayman
[ it doesn't even come with cruise control.. ], I stopped when I topped 130k euro's... Shocked

If this is representative for JLR's models, we can not complaint even if its a lot of dosh all together.. Rolling Eyes

Post #190625825th Jan 2018 9:49 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >