DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Best (Average) price for an HSE from a Main Dealer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 8 <12345678>
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Tonyrec wrote:
Does anyone know if the side protection strips are worth having?
Yes, worth it, they're cheap enough and do the job well The End  
Post #306291st Dec 2005 4:53 pm
Tonyrec

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Cheers,

Thats always been on my mind that the door panels are enourmous. They look superb but i should imagine that a numpty/jealous/careless driver who parks alongside could quite easily put a little annoying dent in them.

I will specify these too as a little extra protection might help.

Post #306321st Dec 2005 5:05 pm
Kellogs

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

I specified side steps on my HSE (delivery March) not just to help with access but also to provide some additional protection from the odd wayward door parked alongside. More expensive option than the side protection strips, but I think both are fitted by the dealer and not by the factory, so can always be added at a later date if you wish.

Post #306481st Dec 2005 6:44 pm
minicabelemet

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

Tony, I have just been offered a HSE tdv6 auto with 20 miles on the clock unregistered (2006 model with the normal extras) plus dark windows, tow bar, bike rack, ski carrier for £39K. I have until tomorrow to decide if I wanted or no. Just shop around!

Post #307101st Dec 2005 8:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ACHMELVICH

Try motorpoint 36k i think for HSE
 TDV6 AUTO S JULY 2005  
Post #307251st Dec 2005 8:45 pm
minicabelemet

Motorpoint has only imports. Don't take me wrong, I normally buy my cars from Europe as you get a better deal, but in this case the HSE from the continent is not the same as the one UK specs (no Logic 7, no premium sat nav, manual, etc). I am sure there are people who couldn't care less about some of this differences and get them at 3K less than Uk.

Post #307281st Dec 2005 8:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tonyrec

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

With my partner being Danish, just for a laugh we logged into the Land Rover website for DK and you would not believe what we found out.

The HSE, as has already been pointed out, does not come with many items which are standard on the UK version.
By the time we speced it up to the equivalent UK version (but still Left hand drive) the price was a whopping..........£128,558.

This is 3 times higher than the UK version.

Knowing that cars etc are extremely exy in DK we knew that it would be high, but not that high.

We could however get it for half the price in DK if we declared it for Business as well as private use.
For this, we would have to display Yellow index plates and put a metal grill in place immediately behind the drivers seat and take the other seats out completely. Effectively making it a 2 seater.

There are a few around in DK as well as Range Rovers, Cayenne, Tourags etc and believe me they look stupid with only 2 seats.

The moral of this story is that perhaps paying £41,000 in the UK isnt quite so bad after all.

Post #307481st Dec 2005 10:13 pm
John128

minicabelemet wrote:
Motorpoint has only imports. Don't take me wrong, I normally buy my cars from Europe as you get a better deal, but in this case the HSE from the continent is not the same as the one UK specs (no Logic 7, no premium sat nav, manual, etc). I am sure there are people who couldn't care less about some of this differences and get them at 3K less than Uk.

What does 'Logic 7' do? And how does the 'premium sat nav' differ from the regular one?

Post #308252nd Dec 2005 10:28 am
minicabelemet

John, the logic 7 is a much better sound system, and the premium sat nav has Traffic information (so you can avoid hot spots) and off road navigation.

Post #308292nd Dec 2005 10:54 am
John128

minicabelemet wrote:
John, the logic 7 is a much better sound system, and the premium sat nav has Traffic information (so you can avoid hot spots) and off road navigation.

Not sure what sound system mine has (it's a HSE registered in Spain) but I can't imagine needing anything better. I suppose the traffic info could be useful...but not sufficiently good to cover the ten grand difference in the deal I was offered by the main dealer and Motorpoint. Yes...10 grand!

Post #308452nd Dec 2005 12:34 pm
minicabelemet

Well done John! That avery good deal. £35k is not bad for diesel hse manual I suppose?

Post #308492nd Dec 2005 12:53 pm
John128

minicabelemet wrote:
Well done John! That avery good deal. £35k is not bad for diesel hse manual I suppose?

No, mine's auto.

Post #308662nd Dec 2005 2:36 pm
John128

minicabelemet wrote:

Just checked and mine has traffic info and off road navigation (I didn't know!) so must be premium sat nav I suppose. Also auto, and speakers in abundance which looks just like the Logic 7 thing in the brochure/website.

So as far as I can see, my motorpoint cheapy has all the bits it's supposed too.

Post #309382nd Dec 2005 11:22 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Motorpoint is featured in Top Gear mag this month, Savage Autos reckon 36k for HSE Manual.

Post #310043rd Dec 2005 8:05 pm
110CSW

United Kingdom 

Arn't the Motorpoint HSE's manual?

I got £3700 off a manual SE by buying a stock vehicle near the end of the quarter. Just shop around - one dealer offered me £500 off and another £1500 off. Just move on...these things are commodities.

Post #311425th Dec 2005 12:37 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 8 <12345678>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >