Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Vibration over 55mph , fingers crossed now resolved
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 16 <123 456 ... 141516>
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

So done a little more today , like an idiot I parked the landy too near the hedge so couldn’t gain access for the turbo actuator

But Once I’ve put everything back I’ll test that , am just waiting for some new bolts and O rings

Few piccies , thank god the ECM pins and connectors are all ok, also checked the other 2 x large connectors , plus took a pic of the earth behind the fuse box, just in case it may be useful to someone in the future

Couldn’t undo that large white connector as someone has glued it , remember when @Fladk done my timing belts he couldn’t u do it and then realised previous owner had glue it, so just checked all the wires and left it alone

Plus took some of the old crumbling wiring conduit and replaced it with new , feel I’m making progress very slowly , at the end of the day really hope this will be useful

Hope everyone is keeping well

Click image to enlarge

Post #226953928th Dec 2021 8:59 pm
gstuart

Well today as I can’t get to the turbo yet until I put all the throttle body etc back I decided to see if the turbo hoses were ok , sorry for the bad pics, just a cheap endoscope

Well I wasn’t expecting this and think I might be in trouble , wondering how this can happen as to be honest never seen it before

Can’t see anything being done on the service that could cause this , alas my heart sank when I saw that

See u can get that pipe on its own but won’t order anything until I can get a better look, just in case I need other bits plus indeed establish why

Many thanks as always and any guidance I’ll be so grateful plse , Bow down

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Last edited by gstuart on 2nd Jan 2022 2:35 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #226991730th Dec 2021 5:35 pm
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Gary what's your concern here, is it pic's 6 & 7?

It does look like a split alright, but nothing the workshop could realistically be at fault for. Its a pain to get at but doable and looks like the issue with your boost too.
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #226997330th Dec 2021 8:59 pm
Motolab

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Laughing was thinking the same…

Blast of images and can see only one technical issue… Wink
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Last edited by Motolab on 30th Dec 2021 11:07 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #226997630th Dec 2021 9:12 pm
gstuart

Apologises it would help if I said ref the split hose , sorry about that and Yeh i know I get carried away with loading pics, I’ll beg for forgiveness, lol

Many thks as always for help , suppose in the back of my mind if there can be a route cause for this or just one of those things

May i ask please that small hose that fits on top of that split hose, where does that go please as looked through LR cat and couldn’t find any reference to it as trying to find the size in order I can get some new ear clamps

One good things as u kindly mention explains the boost issue , many thks once again @Den and @Harold will have a look on eBay as I think I saw a new pipe for around £40.00

Post #226998030th Dec 2021 9:30 pm
PROFSR G

Gary it's the scavenge pipe that runs up and just under the EGR cooler (where it becomes metal) then turns under the fuel pump drive housing and emerges on the other side of the housing cover to meet with the crank case oil separator.
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #226998530th Dec 2021 9:46 pm
gstuart

Bless u , fingers crossed I’ll just be able to re connect it to the new pipe

Plus I’ve still got that short silicone hose so thinking I might as well fit that at the same time seeing the inner wheel arch liner will be out

Found the part number for that split hose PHD500082, yikes £130 for a new one, however found one that claims it’s new for £35.00

Thks so much once again

Click image to enlarge

Post #226998730th Dec 2021 9:54 pm
PROFSR G

As a temporary fix, if you can get your hands in there you could probably patch it with a proprietary sealant as it doesn't look too bad. (would probably last a long time too!)

It's on the induction side so not under pressure, but as is it would allow unmetered air to be drawn into the turbo as well as potentially causing the pipe to collapse in on itself.
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #226999530th Dec 2021 10:19 pm
gstuart

Many thks and a good idea, alas though can’t even get the wheel off as like an idiot parked it to close to the hedge

Ah I see that makes sense , will be interesting to see how bad it is after I’ve removed it , shame they don’t do a silicone one but assume it’s the original one it hasn’t done too bad, lol

Really handy in picking up that hose as certainly wasn’t going to pay £130.00 , hopefully I’ll be able to get the throttle body etc all back on by next week , can then move the landy over

Can’t thk u enough for the all the help and will indeed give a progress report

Post #227000630th Dec 2021 10:59 pm
gstuart

So as it’s a nice day started to put back in the throttle body etc , all new seals , clips and thought as I’ll be undoing other clips etc I’ll get a set of hose pliers

My god what a right little Censored , think I left my brains in my shoes this morning , it’s just getting that top part over to then for it to go down and secure

Left the throttle body loose for now so could push it toward an egr pipe to try and make life easier , got the clip on the RH side , just need to clip it together

So no laughing at the back there , Laughing Think I’ll have a cuppa and hopefully a brain cell may come back Whistle

Post #22702511st Jan 2022 1:11 pm
gstuart

So finally got all the Map,Maf, throttle body, plus those egr hose clamps , only sprayed the Maf with contact cleaner ,

however I’ve now got a terrain, gearbox error , pretty sure that is when I removed the TCM connectors to check the pins , after the battery is fully charged I’ll disconnect it again , take the TCM connectors back off and give them a good spray of contact cleaner

Have put the disco battery on charge , will leave it a few days , got that scavenger pipe mainly for the clamps as couldn’t see then separate and the hose was only £7.50 so might as well fit that at the same time I’m replacing the air inlet hose that goes onto the turbo

Will ask the neighbour if he can very kindly lift the heel off for me , Some pics for u plus thanks as always for the fantastic help as it’s been invaluable

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #22703592nd Jan 2022 3:14 am
gstuart

Thought I might as well replace the old failing foam, certainly not perfect by any imagination but thought it will be ok seeing it’s just an engine cover

Click image to enlarge

Post #22704052nd Jan 2022 2:26 pm
gstuart

may i ask please as I’ll be removing both the short hose and air intake hose off the turbo, is it worth spraying some turbo cleaner inside on both ports plse whilst moving the turbo actuator arm , or is it best to leave well alone plse

Just thought of it being an ideal opportunity but will of course be guided by your good selves who are considerably more knowledgeable than myself

Plus don’t know how difficult it’s going to be to remove both intercooler metal pipe to replace the short hose and the air intake hose by the scavenger pipe with the split , will in the mean time while waiting for my hoses to arrive is to get the plastic inner wheel arch liner outs, wheel is already off

As always massive thanks Bow down

Post #22705263rd Jan 2022 7:21 am
PROFSR G

No Gary, you might as well be spraying it into thin air. (which is effectively what you'll be doing) Laughing
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #22705613rd Jan 2022 2:47 pm
gstuart

Many thks , now got to see how hard it will be to get the pipes out and new ones in Big Cry

Is already up on axle stands and wheel off , once it’s a nice day I’ll get start getting the plastic liner out

Post #22706594th Jan 2022 8:22 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 16 <123 456 ... 141516>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >