DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

BCM/CJB died after attempted flash. ****FIXED****
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 7 of 7 <1234567
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hi Ho chaps

If you actually read the entire sentence i posted, rather than taking just the first half of my sentence totally out of context.

I was clearly not proclaiming to have actually invented the Acronym and Term CCF.

What I/BBS did do, as the entire sentence states, was be the very first to introduce it's existance to
all the members of this board many years ago, along with giving owners the ability
to actually fully edit every single parameter in their entire CCF data contents and
so achieve Discovery 3 modification possibilities that were previously believed to
be absolutely impossible.

Please correct me if i am wrong in my understanding that 4x4 info enabling was and has up until others have copied our lead only ever been possible with BBS equipment

I can only but imagine the number of members and D3 owners on this forum that have benefited one way or another from our past efforts and the number or site sponsors that we have created as a result of our obviously very origional and pioneering work.

And please also correct me if i am wrong, but absolute full control and full editability of
absolutely all CCF contents is still something currently only possible with BBS
equipment even on the D3 Thumbs Up

Post #124066921st Feb 2014 8:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bbyer

Canada 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
reminds me of Nobel prize winners

For me, the first time that I ever heard the term CCF was off the BlackBox web site and or posts in Disco3. Hence, those are my "facts."

As to who or where the CCF term first came from, this kind of reminds me of a past event where history now has it that some old guy in Italy came up with the then politically incorrect thought that the earth revolved around the sun. The thinking of the day had it the other way around.

At the time, the proposed view was somewhat radical but that guy survived to get history's credit. I suppose maybe others had the same thoughts as well, but either their internet connection, (or was it stone tablets or perhaps parchment), or their publicist, was not the best.

Either that or while they received some recognition, it was from the wrong group.

Today we call those old guys scientists, philosophers, or perhaps martyrs. Now our current day inventors tend more to be like Nobel prize winners, having to defend their efforts from the claims of the world.

And the struggle to survive continues.
 2005 LR3 HSE 4.4L AJ-V8 petrol; Traxide Dual Battery; PIAA 2500K Yellow Ion H11 Fog Light bulbs; CounterAct LT-2 Capacitive Corrosion control; LLumar AIR80 Blue clear Infra Red blocking side window film; Liftgate manual release; Schrader Valve "air in" mod to OEM air suspension reservoir tank; Akebono ceramic pads; OEM solid vented discs; LR4 design hitch receiver; Wiggs D4 MOST bluetooth module; Clock on the Dash; 3 Flash signal light mod; Backup Camera; 2015/16 Nav Data update.  
Post #124069421st Feb 2014 8:36 pm
alex_pescaru

BBS SPY wrote:
Please correct me if i am wrong in my understanding that 4x4 info enabling was and has up until others have copied our lead only ever been possible with BBS equipment

And please also correct me if i am wrong, but absolute full control and full editability of
absolutely all CCF contents is still something currently only possible with BBS
equipment even on the D3 Thumbs Up

CCF editing and various options enabling were ALWAYS possible with the IDS/SDD.
Fully and long before any aftermarket equipment... And still is!

I would say how, but for sure will be treated as other threads has been treated before and considered a violation of some regulations.

Since inventing the wheel, literally, all those that made a vehicle followed the initial lead... Very Happy

Therefore it can be also said that you followed the lead of LR engineers that first implemented the fully CCF editing and option enabling in the IDS/SDD.

Or you were the first and LR engineers followed ? Laughing Laughing Laughing

I will be a little blunt, but I fully recognize this: you were the first to hack into IDS/SDD, duplicate its "secrets", replicate them and then take others' money, selling what you've found out.
And now pretending that others have followed your lead... Lame...

Post #124076421st Feb 2014 9:59 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Ok guys, this is veering wide from the original topic into a "mine is better than yours" row which I'm putting an end to now, as we all know there won't be agreement Smile
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #124079321st Feb 2014 10:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Back to top
Page 7 of 7 <1234567
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >